Pickering Pickering GO Pedestrian Bridge | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | AECOM

Progress on the bridge this week.

The MPAC building is also open, and there is a modest but nice looking lobby. The parking garage is nearing completion.

As part of a reorganization of routes, DRT will be splitting terminal points between the GO station and mall side of the bridge. Routes originating north of Hwy. 401 will be dropped off at a transit hub at the foot of the bridge rather than the GO station. (durhamregion.com)

Bridge looks great. It's been fun seeing the progress through the last few months. Not sure if has been mentioned before, but does anyone know when it will be open to pedestrians?

Wow, did they completely cheep out on the bridge or is it simply not complete ?

It's no where close to the renderings earlier.

I thought it looked good, but maybe that's because I haven't seen any better ones lol

Very incomplete. What you're seeing in the above photos is just the basic pedestrian structure. They still have to apply the perforated grills which will give the appearance shown in the renders.

There was a mockup of the grilles on the north end of the bridge a few weeks ago. They were also testing the lighting at the same time. It actually looked really good, but I could also see it being a distraction for drivers on the 401

There was a mockup of the grilles on the north end of the bridge a few weeks ago. They were also testing the lighting at the same time. It actually looked really good, but I could also see it being a distraction for drivers on the 401

I was just going to mention this. The lighting was basically old CRT monitor green--along with the grillwork, this thing is going to look pretty dramatic (and I can imagine the experience for pedestrians travelling through what's going to feel like a giant green glowworm.

Actually, I was driving by it nightly and saw the colour changing through lots of greens and blues. I imagine they're using programmable LED's

Actually, I was driving by it nightly and saw the colour changing through lots of greens and blues. I imagine they're using programmable LED's

That might be interesting if they're dynamic--so instead of a giant green glowworm you have a giant psychedelic glowworm.

Man, we just do not get the fun stuff in Ajax.

Took a few photos while waiting to travel back to Union Station. The majority of the structure is complete. According to a notice in the station, the bridge will be open for pedestrians on Feb 27th. The elevators however will be installed later and the cladding will commence soon. New parking area by the office tower will have 500 new spaces on the 2nd and 3rd floors.

2012-02-20164422.jpg

2012-02-20164738.jpg

2012-02-20164753.jpg

2012-02-20164836.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:

Back