Pickering Pickering Design Centre: Block 1 | 103.92m | 31s | Bayfield Realty Advisors | Turner Fleischer

ridiculous density for an area with no rapid transit access. Remember as well that SmartCentres is trying to do the same thing to the north on their plaza..
Developers: "We don't need no stinkin' transit when we have cars!"

/bleh

I see this as acceptable as the ‘potential’ for rail access is already built in. Maybe something along the lines of SmartTrack? I disagree with those who feel that nothing should be built until the appropriate infrastructure is in place. Urban evolution is more subtle and complex and having services come in during development is often the way it happens.

There needs to be a better understanding that most of these mega-developments are mixed use and may be less reliant on infrastructure to get daily activities done.

Well said.
I see this as acceptable as the ‘potential’ for rail access is already built in. Maybe something along the lines of SmartTrack? I disagree with those who feel that nothing should be built until the appropriate infrastructure is in place. Urban evolution is more subtle and complex and having services come in during development is often the way it happens.

There needs to be a better understanding that most of these mega-developments are mixed use and may be less reliant on infrastructure to get daily activities done.

Back