Toronto Peter Street Condominiums | 129.84m | 40s | CentreCourt | a—A

There's a big one planned for 309 Adelaide Street West. Possibly 50 floors.

That one is referred to as 30 Widmer thread-wise here: http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/18511-30-Widmer-St-amp-313-Adelaide-St-W-(Plaza-51s-)

It is not through approvals yet, so it will be subject to new Ontario Building Code requirements that no more than 40% of the exterior be vision glass. The question with this next set of 40/60 buildings is how much of the exteriors will be spandrel glass. Here's hoping for more interesting and innovative claddings like the Okoskin that will be going up on Nest, the high-quality aluminum going up on Picasso, brick, pre-cast brick of the quality gracing The Florian, pre-cast of the quality gracing One St. Thomas, and other options. Here's hoping that developers can be convinced to do better than spandrel glass more often!

Are all those blue bins for recycling and is that where they're going to stay? If so, it looks terrible. I noticed one of those bins too at the entrance to the Nicolas condos.
Really clutters the street. Unless of course they are temporary.

I've been wondering about those two. My guess is that they'll be placed in the alleyway on the n. side of the building when the construction materials are cleared out of there.

You're exactly right. The building is still under construction and the service area cannot contain the bins yet.

aA is like Apple: they like those cool design details:
xxEdVlV.jpg

a8k6XZL.jpg

ubeZH9I.jpg

And like Apple, they're still living off the hype from years ago. "Attention to detail"
attachment.php

Look at all that "attention to detail".

Last edited:
With Murano, UC and 4S, aA has been the worst thing to happen to Bay St since the 1904 fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
With Murano, UC and 4S, aA has been the worst thing to happen to Bay St since the 1904 fire.

Isn't 1Thousand Bay aA too?

aA has produced some nice buildings but they have been living off their name for a long time. Burano is pretty decent. Murano is a steaming pile of dung inside and out. 4 Seasons street presence is terrible and so is UCondos. What will they do now that they can no longer build all glass buildings?

Exactly; their all-glass, ice palace schtick is so stale. What would aA do without glass? Would they be rendered architecturally impotent?

I can't take much more of these grey, glass/spandrel boxes. aA really have destroyed any potential on Bay Street.

Last edited:
a bunch of C- buildings compared to a bunch of F buildings tends to look good, but its still a bunch of C- buildings.

Back