Toronto Peter and Adelaide | 152.39m | 47s | Graywood | BBB

Been trying to figure out which is worse this or The Taylor
The Taylor looks accidentally bad as if its architects and designers didn't know how to execute details. Peter and Adelaide looks so intentionally awful, as if the developers' ROI depended exclusively on how bad the building looked. Why the hell would anyone misalign precast panels?

March 22, 2022 - views from the back
8A2CE010-3B72-4FA2-8F4B-B6DABBE9852B.jpeg
B7DEA989-08BA-46C2-A62C-AA3098E32382.jpeg

The massing and site plan (+retail layout) here was so promising and had me excited, but that cladding combo is seriously making this hard to look at in a way that only Design Haus could compete with.

It's just beyond innept from a material and design standpoint. There's just so many things wrong with it that just shouldn't be, especially when the architect and developer have shown competence on other projects (Graywood is hit or miss, but how did they manage to miss so bad?). Whoever was in charge of the finalized cladding plan needs to be held accountable.

That solid grey spandrel wall facing the heritage house may be the biggest disgrace of it all. If it's ever restored it will always be in shadow of that cladding monstrosity.

It just feels like so little care or thought was put into the finalized design, I just dont even have the energy to waste my time thinking about it. It deserves nothing, none of my time, because that's what it feels like is being said from the lack of care in materials.

Been trying to figure out which is worse this or The Taylor
This, and the taylor doesn't even hold a candle to it. The Taylor is, unfortunate... but its materials are ok and it can kinda just fade into the background and be another mid 2000's type building thanks to its design and colours. It's far from good, but it's not really a blight on the city either.

This stands out thanks to some more bold colour choices that are turning out terribly, and because the spandrel and window wall here is so egregious. Much more so than the taylor imo.

The real competition is between this, Nobu and Pembertons church and dundas.

It's a hideous monstrosity with some of the ugliest window wall I've ever seen, in a city that's notorious for bottom-of-the-barrel window wall. We've got 3XN, COBE, Henriques, HPA, etc. And then we've got this garbage. Mind boggling.

Last edited:
As is pretty much the entirety of Peter Street/Blue Jays Way. It's probably the ugliest street in Downtown Toronto, and this project just adds a solid contribution to that experience.

I don't know about that.........certainly, there are many disappointing buildings.......

But the corner of Richmond/Peter offers Tableau which I think turned out well, and QRC West which I quite like.

Soho's not too bad either.

Granted there are a few real clunkers too.

I don't know about that.........certainly, there are many disappointing buildings.......

But the corner of Richmond/Peter offers Tableau which I think turned out well, and QRC West which I quite like.

Soho's not too bad either.

Granted there are a few real clunkers too.
I definitely thought about Tableau and QRC West while making that statement, but those 2 buildings arent enough to save this mess of a street. If you take the whole environment into consideration (streetscape, buildings, pathetic retail), the whole thing is just an uninspiring mess.

Back