Mississauga Pearson Transit Hub | ?m | ?s | GTAA

We should invest in our airport

It is one of the busiest in the world top 30

Toronto Pearson International Airport Mississauga, Ontario Canada YYZ/CYYZ 47,130,358[30]
11px-Increase2.svg.png
11px-Increase2.svg.png
6.3%

I wonder is Airport going to expand again ?

It seems there is massive change planned for Pearson, but the details seem to be intentionally left grey. The Masterplan really doesn't give you much.

That said, it looks like YUL is not wasting any time on seizing on its recent growth surge -they are announcing a multi-year, multi-billion dollar redevelopment plan in May.

I wonder is Airport going to expand again
?

One word... YES!

From link.

Overtop a rendering of Pearson's current layout of terminals and runways, Marshall pointed out the seemingly small physical modifications that the agency would need to make to allow for the near doubling of passengers the GTAA forecasts for the airport.

"Planes are getting larger so they're carrying more people," Marshall said....

Pier G has been under construction for about a year now.

Of course, it's not the Pier G design we were hoping for; but it'll be around for a while.

No its not. And whats being built in its place is nothing near to what was planned back in 2008.

No its not.

Then what would you call it?

And whats being built in its place is nothing near to what was planned back in 2008.

The number of gates is pretty similar and the floor-plate actually seems wider, but obviously it's been adjusted for much smaller aircraft and a lower budget experience. Still better than the bus connection you would find in much of Europe for smaller/discount flights.

Anyway, if Pier G isn't under construction, then Pier G has been a very dead plan for many years. The replacement plan isn't exactly temporary and seems more inline with the discount airline market.

Last edited:
Then what would you call it?

The number of gates is pretty similar and the floor-plate actually seems wider, but obviously it's been adjusted for much smaller aircraft and a lower budget experience. Still better than the bus connection you would find in much of Europe for smaller/discount flights.

Anyway, if Pier G isn't under construction, then Pier G has been a very dead plan for many years. The replacement plan isn't exactly temporary and seems more inline with the discount airline market.

I dont have time to look up the docs but pier g has become the gate 193 expansion which may have the same number of gates but certainly does not have anywhere near the square footage space.

47,000,000 already? I thought it only passed 40,000,000 like a year ago? The growth rate is incredible.
Hamilton's airport has gotten spillover too. Up 80 percent in one year to 600K and still growing.

It lost a lot in the past, so not back to its heyday yet at 1M/year, but it's looking like it will quickly get back there and beyond. New discount airlines including Flair and Swoop.

Last edited:
I don’t think I want to fly in a plane run by an airline called Flair or Swoop. Maybe they need to merge and call themselves Flare & Swoop.

Back