Toronto Park Hyatt Renovation | 62.48m | 18s | Oxford Properties | KPMB

Why isn't it standard procedure to put thing back the way you found it? Filling the sidewalk in with concrete or asphalt is NOT putting it back. When I move to Canada as a kid it shocked me. Decades later nothing has changed. How does one get this to change? It just can't go on any longer.

You lift the paving stone out, fix what needs fixing, and then you put the paving stone back in. How is this not basic common sense? It speaks to the culture that people think they can destroy something and then leave it like they do. It's outrageous.and I'll never wrap my head around people like that. At the very least, they need to have crews who come in the next day to restore what THEY destroyed.

... that's where the planter goes which holds the street trees ... but ok go off if you like.

20210325_211945.jpg

Testing the lighting

I went last night by it - the car court looks absolutely incredible. Signage is in. It looks amazing .
Take more photos! Anyone! Day, magic hour, night!

April 23, 2021 (late-night walk)

View attachment 315019
It's what I hoped the new GO Bus Terminal would look like. I don't think it ever occurred to them that a bus terminal need not be a grim depressing bunker. Maybe one day they will invest the money and make it an appealing place to be and as nice as this Park Hyatt car entrance. It would take some of the drudgery out of commuting.

Till then I'll avoid the GO Bus Terminal entirely. It's just not good enough and another example of Toronto thinking like a giant Oshawa rather than a leading global metropolis

Last edited:
It's what I hoped the new GO Bus Terminal would look like. I don't think it ever occurred to them that a bus terminal need not be a grim depressing bunker. Maybe one day they will invest the money and make it an appealing place to be and as nice as this Park Hyatt car entrance. It would take some of the drudgery out of commuting.

Till then I'll avoid the GO Bus Terminal entirely. It's just not good enough and another example of Toronto thinking like a giant Oshawa rather than a leading global metropolis
I arrived in town at that terminal one day and emerged unscathed, my self esteem intact, not even ruffled.

The GO bus terminal is a commuter bus station meant to move people out and on their way to offices as quickly as possible. It's not a space for lingering or relaxing. If you want that, go hang out at the great hall in Union. When I used to commute to Hamilton I'd have to wait outdoors in the cold for up to half an hour to board a bus. If you're talking about taking the "drudgery" out of commuting, the new terminal does just that.

Back