Toronto Parc Nuvo at Essex | ?m | 36s | Graziani + Corazza

Parc Nuvo crane moving to tower soon

The crane is going to be relocated in the building near the elevator shelfs very soon.

I checked with project manager and the crane will be moving to the tower soon. The crane will not be located in the elevator shaft.

There is a persistent rumour that the elevator shafts is where tower cranes are usually placed however this is not a desirable location at all. From a project management, efficiency and cost point of view you want the elevator shaft clear and the elevator systems to be completed quickly. The crane is located where it provides best access and that allows the boom to swing clear safely. As floors are completed and hardened, the crane unit is jacked up from inside to the next floor. The hole in the floor is then reinforced with steel, formed and poured.

As you can see from UT photos, crane disassembly is rather quick using a mobile crane to remove the weights and component sections. If the crane is up very high, the mobile crane would have to be mounted on derrick.

Last edited:
Construction update: "With the parking structures complete, the crane will be relocated to the tower starting Friday, April 1. The entire process is expected to take four days."

From yesterday. The crane has been relocated.

Attachments

• DSC02073.jpg
    DSC02073.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 316
  • DSC02071.jpg
    DSC02071.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 316
  • DSC02072.jpg
    DSC02072.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 323
Construction update: "With the parking structures complete, the crane will be relocated to the tower starting Friday, April 1. The entire process is expected to take four days."

4 days!!!, it was one day, as it was sitting there at 8:30 am Sunday in the new postion. Photos to follow once uploaded. Never seen a crane take that long to get move or installed.

Sunday, April 03, 2011 visit

The crane is now on the building itself now at 8:30 am, Sunday, April 03
More up on Flickr
5587839310_c663e1cc54_b.jpg

5587227091_6010506de0_b.jpg

5587232397_1d1d17a7c4_b.jpg

[video=youtube;wbNYDpo77kM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbNYDpo77kM[/video]

I love how the east entrance for Kipling station STILL isn't finished. The TTC is useless.

Parc Nuvo residents are going to have very quick access to the TTC with the east entrance. I wonder which will be completed first... haha. It'll be a bit further to the GO station.

Anyone know where the construction elevator will be located and when it will be installed?

I think this one will turn out well.

Recent pics. One from today and two from last weekend in the rain.

Attachments

• DSC02138.jpg
    DSC02138.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 307
  • DSC02129.jpg
    DSC02129.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC02128.jpg
    DSC02128.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 292
IMO These condos are absolutely beautiful.

This last phase might be beautiful, but so far these towers aren't that beautiful or ugly. They're bulky to the extreme with proportions that are too imposing. Their architecture is saved from being ugly by a decent choice of materials, colours, setbacks, and landscaping. In particular, different setbacks clad in materials of complimenting colours achieves a positive effect. They follow the Postmodern idea of strongly defining the base, middle, and top of a skyscraper.

However, in addition to the overly hefty proportions, I'm not also not fond of the conservative suburban plan with so much space devoted for cars--parking, streets, and lanes between the buildings. The buildings are set back and fenced off from Dundas Street West, the main street; hence, there's no retail or business space in spite of all the people who live there, all the land the community takes up, and its proximity to Kipling Station.

Back