Toronto Parc Nuvo at Essex | ?m | 36s | Graziani + Corazza

Eventhough early siteplans showed 5 towers I'm pretty sure this will have a twin, right?

Higher Resolution Rendering

Here's a higher resolution rendering of Parc Nuvo elevation.

exterior_w_logo_800.jpg

Aside from the unrealistic lighting, that's a pretty honest rendering with at least two modest rendercars rather than a handful of renderferraris and renderporsches in the middle of Etobicoke.

While the building's design leaves a LOT to be desired, I'm confident that they'll use much higher quality materials than ROCP.

Parc Nuvo Aerial

This is an aerial view of Essex, Nuvo and Parc Nuvo looking towards the west with the Kipling subway to left. The rendering of Parc Nuvo has been composited into the iimage for illustration purposes - of course the construction of Nuvo 2 will be complete before Parc Nuvo.

Register for Parc Nuvo to receive more information or call the Nuvo Presentation Centre at 416-231-0999.

parc_nuvo_aerial_1000.jpg

ya, I hear you, but it does look pretty nice in that aerial shot... and look at all the new shady areas being created by this highrise construction. There is lots of talk about giving this area a hole new face and these decent buildings can be a big part of that.

My friend's elderly mother lives in the Essex community as do several of my coworkers and they are very happy in their condominium community. Visit the Presentation Centre to get a tour of the community to see the amenities first hand. People are really impressed with the lifestyle amenities.

The subway makes downtown Toronto only 30 minutes away and the condo is more affordable than downtown meaing you can get a larger suite than you could in the downtown core. The increased density in the area should be a benefit in the long run to the neighbourhood as the location is actually pretty good being right next to the subway reducing the need for a car or a second car. And if you need access to the highway or airport you're close to the Gardiner, QEW and 427.

But I hate "lifestyle amenities!" That marketing speak is truly sickening!

I want: a grocery store within 5 minutes walking distance. Tree-lined streets with funky cafes, tons of people out walking and hanging around, gorgeously designed streetscape and architecture, etc.

The walk just to the subway out here is pedestrian unfriendly and hostile. The view is depressing at the best of times. There's a huge cancer-causing hydro transmission line nearby. Acres of dreary parking lots. Nothing convenient at all. I'd rather rent in High Park for life than buy a cheap condo in a crappy location!

who wouldnt prefer High Park? and ya, lifestyle ammenities are a pretty empty catch phrase... atleast for me (and you) and they would never have any influence over where I would choose to live. I do know exactly what you mean about the feel and look of this area... I was just remarking that if you were unfamiliar with it, seeing that aerial view, you would assume it to be quite nice... that section of Dundas going west from here always felt very American to me.

I want: a grocery store within 5 minutes walking distance. Tree-lined streets with funky cafes, tons of people out walking and hanging around, gorgeously designed streetscape and architecture, etc.

The walk just to the subway out here is pedestrian unfriendly and hostile. The view is depressing at the best of times. There's a huge cancer-causing hydro transmission line nearby. Acres of dreary parking lots. Nothing convenient at all. I'd rather rent in High Park for life than buy a cheap condo in a crappy location!

I have to admit I'm totally with you on this one. The area is essentially a disaster in every direction - an ocean of surface parking, a huge power station, and low-rise industrial buildings to the south, an ugly plaza to the north, the absolutely hideous stretch of completely car-oriented retail along Dundas to the west, and of course the soul sucking Six Points interchange to the east. I would hate to live there too, as things now stand.

That being said however UD, have you seen the plans to demolish the Six Points interchange and subsequently develop the huge amount of land surrounding it after the streets are re-aligned? The plan is to make the area very pedestrian friendly, with low-rise retail built right to the street along Dundas and the re-attached Bloor, similar to the nearby Kingsway and Islington Village areas. It's a very sensible, urban friendly plan and if executed properly would transform the area. Since we're talking about the centre of Etobicoke though, I'm fairly skeptical that it'll wind up the way it should. All of Dundas right into Mississauga is in serious need of an urban makeover. For all its faults (mediocre architecture, not meeting the street properly) this Tridel complex at least replaces the garbage buildings that were there before, bringing much needed density and hopefully winds up kickstarting desperately needed redevelopment along this major avenue.

that section of Dundas going west from here always felt very American to me.

Agreed. It's like a mini-highway, with really ugly one-storey warehouse type retail set far back from the street with loads of lovely grey surface parking! And it's like that pretty much from Kipling all the way past Hurontario and beyond. There is a street in Orlando that I remember looking almost identical to it. Rather unflattering comparison, I must say, and a poster boy for exactly what shouldn't be built. Can't wait to see it all get demolished.

Aren't you the guy that hates crowds? Make up your mind!

While you may not like the amenities, Tridel and other large scale developers are in a position where they are marketing in this case over 2,000 units in multiple towers over a few years. They are not targeting a niche market (there are many small developments without all the amenities) - rather they have to cast a wide net to attract a variety of different buyer types which each requiring different amenities that may impact their purchase.

Secondly the City of Toronto requires a certain number of square feet of indoor and outdoor amenity space per proposed unit as part of the site plan agreement. The builder is required to provide this amenity space. So while you may not like it, or want it, it's a requirement by the approval agency for the development to move forward. In large scale developments, that translates to a large amount of amenity space being required. Tridel has a strong reputation for maximizing the attractiveness of their amenities and has been an industry leader in this area for a number of years.

Geez, a bit of hyperbole UD, no? Just a short walk away is Islington Village, a pleasant urban environment. And as Towered mentioned, the walk will become more pleasant once the 6 points interchange is reconfigured.

Back