Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

July 08
They are doing the final forming of the supports for the bridge between this one and the one to the east.
5917839487_727c3bac56_b.jpg

5919704967_4c67a264b4_b.jpg

5920568578_b582ec133e_b.jpg

5920566624_5d3174ebe1_b.jpg

5920611952_3db1141788_b.jpg

I don't think that was the point he was making. Please let's not let this dissolve into another Mississauga vs. Toronto debate.

As for Parade... meh. I like the circular tower, but it's all grey and lots of spandrel. If they had not used spandrel, and a different colour of glass, I'd be more excited.

Its no Absolute, but its still city place's best tower to date and perhaps the best on the waterfront as well.

You really think so ? hmm, I think many of the previous city place towers were a lot more interesting ... yea sure it's circular, but that's about it.

I like West One, both the harbour view estates and Luna better.

I know its not the first circular building to go up in the city but there's still only a handful, which makes them in general more interesting then the standard fair for condo's (la box) in this city. Perhaps I'll find it boring to look at in the future but for now I find its slender proportions are quite eye catching as opposed to the other wider circular/oval shaped buildings in the city. I like how the balcony are placed into indents giving it a clean look and don't jut outwards which would of appeared messy. The funny thing is I think the light gray-blue glass on the first parade looks horrible but somehow it works here because the lighter color seems to masks the use of spandrels to a degree.

Last edited:
Luna unfortunately gives its back to the city. It's a shame, because from the front it's a stunning building.

I was looking at renting at Parade. Decided against it because amenities will not be available until 2013 according to the security guard. The units were VERY high quality though. Excellent kitchens, nice finishes, smartly designed with tons of storage space on the walls, etc.

Best city place building to date, though I do prefer the hallways of West One (11 Brunel Crt), as they'll never age.

Luna is a lot better. If Luna was built anywhere else, most people would be unreservedly appreciative of it.

Luna is a beautiful looking building. Most of the Cityplace buildings are nicely designed Just not a fan of Neo and Montage. I think they're the worst out of the bunch.

Luna is a beautiful looking building. Most of the Cityplace buildings are nicely designed Just not a fan of Neo and Montage. I think they're the worst out of the bunch.

Have you been inside Neo? It's really neat inside.

The only criticism I have of cityplace is that it's monotonous in a way that reminds of St. James Town. In this city, at least, monotony has always been associated with neighbourhoods that didn't quite work out.

I agree that Neo and Montage are the least likable (aside from the very first CP buildings). Luna, HVE and of course West One are best. Parade will overshadow everything else once completed though.

Luna is really nice ! ... the vertical glass pieces are very unique ... if it was built anywhere other then cityplace it would have it's own photo thread by now ...

Though they're all glass there's still quite a bit of differences between the towers.

Back