Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

Hey whats up with this building, shouldnt the bridge opening be visible by now.:confused:

November142009391.jpg

Should have been visible a few floors ago. I brought that up last week, how it's strange that the bridge hasn't been started yet. When a bridge is built between two buildings, it is usually started from each building until it meets in the middle. However, there is nothing there to even show where the bridge will start. I'm lost on this one.

I'm not exactly sure how you expect them to start the bridge without a second anchor point as I don't think the hot air balloon idea would work. It also may have been canned however, the floorplate does change shape at around where the bridge would be if the increase to 39 storeys was approved. Be patience or get off you ass and ask ;)

If there was an increase in storeys, that definitely changes things. There doesn't need to necessarily be an anchor point.
I will refer to the CCTV building in Beijing as an example:

Img214207876.jpg

Bridges get built from both ends, until they meet in the middle.

Img214207875.jpg

Without the other building even started yet, I have no idea how this is being done.

china_television.jpe

Yes, you cantilever off of each building and work toward the middle, but it would be ridiculous to start that process before the other building goes up.

I've seen drawings for the bridge so I don't think it's been cancelled, but I also would've expected to see some sign of an attachment point by now

CityPlace has consistently watered down the final product from the renderings. The park was one recent example, and renderings showed a much more vibrant hue of orange cladding on Parade versus the lightish orange we got. The bridge between the two buildings looks like a unusual and interesting bit of drama being so high up and framing a view north, but they might find a way to tone it down and make it blander, if not eliminate it altogether. I wouldn't be surprised.

If they removed the bridge feature then I will have lost all respect for Concord Adex :D

Yes, you cantilever off of each building and work toward the middle, but it would be ridiculous to start that process before the other building goes up.
Well, that was exactly what I am trying to figure out. Since the other building isn't even started yet, what method are they going to use? Are they just going to use some cheap Skywalk type of bridge, piled on top of each other? I guess we are just going to have to wait and see. I can't see them canceling that part of the design, as it's the most prominent feature of the building.

They would not leave an open wall while resting of building got covered a glass curtain. They just temporary sealed a glass wall and waiting until phase two has to be built then they will start putting the bridge the two building

There are 3 or 4 floors maybe 4 or 5 floors below the current top floor on the south-west corner which have extra temporary support beams and look "unfinished" compared to the other floors above and below. I think this is where the bridge will go. Has anyone else noticed it?

Parade

There are 3 or 4 floors maybe 4 or 5 floors below the current top floor on the south-west corner which have extra temporary support beams and look "unfinished" compared to the other floors above and below. I think this is where the bridge will go. Has anyone else noticed it?

I noticed that yesterday too. I think your right, looks like where the bridge would eventually start. I don't think they would cancel the bridge as its actually condo units so more $$$ for Concord.

Also, i'm not sure why but they are building a fence in the median of Fort York from Dan L way to Bathurst.

Back