Toronto Pace Condos | 146.3m | 42s | Great Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

Yeah but shouldn't we have a little higher expectations than that? The population on the east side is growing and hopefully will be able to support better retail. We need to up our expectations and demand better.
I don't want to get into a debate over what an area "deserves" or what constitutes "higher expectations", but I would say that for an area in transition, any of those would be a plus. Lease will be for about 5 years, which would be enough time for the NE corner to redevelop, and perhaps after another 5 years the NW and SE corners will redevelop, too, then we can talk about "better" retail.

Just lets hope that's not another Entertainment District with set height limits

Sorry to be a nitpick but I think you mean "lets just hope" rather than "just lets hope" but more importantly if that isn't an obvious case of trolling, I don't know what is. We get it, you are unhappy about anything shorter, but are you satisfied with a 500ft high precedent in this area, or at what height would you be satisfied? I'd say Pace is about the perfect height on the major intersections here, what we should be concerned is how we can move away from constantly conservative design. The rest would be great at 10-20 storeys with step backs IMO a la Park Ave.

Today:

jH4MJCC.jpg

4IGKtQH.jpg

aly9ZLm.jpg

InUcETe.jpg

NHlF6Hc.jpg

Im wondering if they got the variance to add the 5 extra floors or so. I remember walking by and noticed the signage in place for the proposal, but haven't heard any word yet. So far im excited to know this development will be the catalyst of change for that corner.

Back