Caledon Osprey Valley Golf Course | ?m | 3s | Forgehill Equities | Hicks Design Studio

ChesterCopperpot

Member Bio
Reaction score

To be built at TPC Toronto at Osprey Valley in Caledon - will be relocating from Glen Abbey in Oakville

TPC Toronto at Osprey Valley has welcomed a number of signature events in Canadian golf including the Osprey Valley Open on PGA TOUR Canada as well as Golf Canada’s Junior Skills Challenge National Event. The facility has also hosted qualifier events for both the RBC Canadian Open and the US Open and has committed to host the 2026 Canadian Junior Girls Championship, presented by BDO.

In 2021, the Humeniuk Family Foundation and TPC Toronto at Osprey Valley made a major chapter-founding gift to Golf Canada Foundation that aligns with the property serving as the national headquarters for First Tee – Canada.

Phase one of the Home for Canadian Golf project—which will include the corporate headquarters, a reinvigoration of the Canadian Golf Hall of Fame and Museum, and a 30,000 square foot community putting green inspired by the Himalayas Putting Course in St. Andrews – will break ground in 2023 with an expected completion by 2025.

The vision for phase two includes the development of First Tee – Canada National Headquarters that will support coaching education and programming for First Tee chapters across Canada. The indoor short game complex will double as a national talent identification centre for the next generation of Canadian players, bolstering Golf Canada’s goal to advance 30 Canadians to the LPGA and PGA Tours by 2032.

Golf 1.jpg
Golf 2.jpg
Golf 4.jpg
Golf 5.jpg
Golf 3.jpg

I don't really understand this move. Love Osprey, been golfing there since they were serving beers out of a garage, But this? Firstly, it seem less then inspiring, but maybe that's just my lack of architectural style. But this proposal just leaves me with a feeling that we are really catering to an echelon of society that enjoys a very positive monthly cash flow, have a look at the vehicles in the art work. No possibilities of public transit, a good long drive for most of the GTA, and a project to get to, whether to golf or to take advantage of these planned amenities. Out of the way and out of site.

Compare this proposal to the previous location in Oakville. Can't say i was bowled over by the buildings. Sure the cars may have been much he same, but not all. Public transit is certainly possible to the site, it exists right now. A decent course, that could be made better. And you are in the GTA, much more accessible, right on the main drag (so to speak) being a couple of lonngish 'drives' north of the QEW.

I am sure they have their reasons, well maybe, but to me, this just makes an elitish sport, more elite, more withdrawn, and more inaccessible. Especially at a moment in time where privately owned 'public' courses are under great pressure and publicly owned 'public' courses are under increasing pressure to be turned into anything else but golf.

In addition to the new Golf Canada Headquarters, Canadian Golf Hall of Fame Museum and Golf Performance Centre, the Osprey Valley development also includes two new clubhouses, an event space, and 2 on-course multi-unit cabins.

Renderings from Osprey:
19-208OspreyEventBarnrendering22.jpg
19-208OspreyEventMainCHrendering1210312.jpg
19-208OspreyHeathlandsrender1230125.jpg
19-208OspreyHeathlandsrender2230125.jpg
20-273-Golf-Canada-Golf-Performance-Centre-IN-Rendering-1657821465.jpg
20-273-Golf-Canada-rendering-op1-rendering-2-1657821468.jpg
image3.png
Osprey-Valley_19-208-Osprey-Event-Main-CH-rendering-2-210312.jpg
Osprey-Valley_Area-A-Rendering.png
OVVRendering2.jpg

Hoot+13+Accommodations+2x1+%282%29.png