Toronto Origami Lofts Condos | 22.55m | 7s | Symmetry | Teeple Architects

More interesting than this?
Origami%20north%20east.jpg

Thank you Symmetry, thank you Teeple.

I am really looking forward to seeing this done.

I like it..the siding is a bit backyard shed for me. But I could come to like it, depending on execution.

"Backyard shed"? That's zinc. The application and look will be similar to Teeple's Sherbourne Pavilion. Here's a shot I took of SP a few days ago
AyRWOX4CMAA5Nei.jpg:large

Worth a visit to see in person.

Perhaps the (coloured) rendering or actual building would come across differently, but to my eye the siding in that rendering, largely because of its pattern/texture, looks like a $199 Crappy Tire backyard shed.

But note that not even that point says anything about whether that's bad. Although I happen to think it probably would be.

Still firm in my opinion that the rectangular penthouse at the top should have been an extension of the angled zinc portion.

Still firm in my opinion that the rectangular penthouse at the top should have been an extension of the angled zinc portion.

jje1000: Ask and ye shall receive

Origami%20mansard%20version.jpg

As you can see, it doesn't work - the glass crown provides a contrast in materiality required to really appreciate the maneuvers and form of the zinc.

Perhaps the (coloured) rendering or actual building would come across differently, but to my eye the siding in that rendering, largely because of its pattern/texture, looks like a $199 Crappy Tire backyard shed.

But note that not even that point says anything about whether that's bad. Although I happen to think it probably would be.

There is a colored rendering posted on this page by AlbertC. And if you think the Sherbourne Pavilion zinc looks like $199 shed siding then I'd suggest an in-person viewing. It's a gorgeous material.

This detailed walk-through of the design process you've provided us with is very interesting! Thanks a bunch.

Beautifully designed building too, I hope it lives up to its virtual self.

Back