Toronto Ontario Place | ?m | ?s | Infrastructure ON

I have worried about the state of the pod complex, the walkways and the Cinesphere for years now. Past few summers I have kayaked around that area -- an architectural masterpiece left to us by Eb Zeidler. It is incredibly heartening to see them finally undergoing some degree of restoration/stabilization. Seeing the clear cutting of the West Island may be alarming, but no moreso than watching it's deterioration over the years since the previous Provincial government left it to rot away.

Yeah the pods are finally getting a lot of attention and it looks like they will be with us for a long time.

Also agree about how what we're seeing now at Ontario Place and Ontario Science Centre is the result of DECADES of neglect and under-use/funding by many previous governments.

Yeah the pods are finally getting a lot of attention and it looks like they will be with us for a long time.

Also agree about how what we're seeing now at Ontario Place and Ontario Science Centre is the result of DECADES of neglect and under-use/funding by many previous governments.

We as a society love to pay for infrastructure (in the public realm), but not the upkeep. Look at hospitals... People donate money to name a wing or unit or building. No one donates to environmental services or the physical plant.

It’s really sad to see that MegaMaze in Ontario Place became actual ruins. It was really fun when it lasted. I have fond childhood memories of MegaMaze.

I think MegaMaze was actually the other side of Ontario Place that is now Echo Beach and Trillium Park.

Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 11.13.04 PM.png

We as a society love to pay for infrastructure (in the public realm), but not the upkeep. Look at hospitals... People donate money to name a wing or unit or building. No one donates to environmental services or the physical plant.

When I die I'm leaving all my money to a physical plant. 👍

Back