Toronto Ontario Line: Osgoode Station | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | HDR

I'm coming late to this discussion, and perhaps it's been suggested already, but one solution for retaining the Osgoode grounds would be to decide now to create the University Avenue linear park and place the entrance outside the fenced area.

Passengers will soon realize not to use the Simcoe entrance to try to access the Line 1 concourse.
They'll either use the old existing stairs, or if they need an elevator, they'll cross the street to get to the NE corner OL entrance.

So whats going on here? Have the trees been cut down or is there an appeal halting the trees being cut? Appreciate some clarity

So whats going on here? Have the trees been cut down or is there an appeal halting the trees being cut? Appreciate some clarity
There was an injunction to stop the trees from being cut down. A judge heard arguments, and allowed for the trees to be cut down. Looks they’ve started.

Is there a better way not to disturb the Osgood hall gardens property. And build the underground pedestrians subway connections under University Ave north and south roadways instead. Temporarily closing one part of the street at a time to dig the connection under the street. After all Queen and Yonge intersection will be temporarily closed. Might all well close Queen Street from Yonge St to University Ave for a while. And make it a pedestrian road instead. Or even better having a permanent parkette etc now that the subway will be under Queen Street. These trees create a buffer between the noisy streets and the park. We should be adding more park than taking away from one of Toronto's major tourist areas and beautifying it with major Queen st parkette instead to handle major events at city Hall etc. JUST A THOUGHT lol!

I think the damage is already done. If this gets successfully stopped for good, are they going glue and fasten those trees back together again? I mean, it feels like a case of Humpty Dumpty here. /sigh
The " more crap, faster " Government. I wonder where the 3 trees for 1 tree removed mantra will take form. Maybe offsetting somewhere else - like wetlands.

I think the damage is already done. If this gets successfully stopped for good, are they going glue and fasten those trees back together again? I mean, it feels like a case of Humpty Dumpty here. /sigh
basically in this case, and what was evident when the HDI was asking for "intervenor status" in the injunction was that their ask was completely separate from LSOs ask.
HDI and the first nations have some kind of agreement of cash-for-trees type deal.

This again will be shot down on tuesday, all the injunctions should be done. But lawsuits can go on for years with theese guys instead. The first nations and MX have quite an adversarial relationship it seems

Back