Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

I think we are beyond the point of return regarding gentrification of flemo and Thorncliffe, it is a forgone conclusion once Eglinton LRT and Ontario Line are in operations these areas wont house many of the people that are there today. This is just reality unfortunately.

Why? Have you been in the buildings in Thorncliffe? I see nothing "unfortunate" with totally redeveloping that entire area.

Unless of course you live in the area and are now going to be priced out by a bunch of yuppies.

Do a 15 minute tour of any building in Thorncliffe, check out various units, speak to ppl, see how they live, then get back to me. It's one of the closest areas we have in Toronto to the third world. It is absolutely appalling.

Oh, and speak to police, fire, or paramedics about when they go into units and there are 30 ppl in one unit, mattresses everywhere etc etc.

Anyone who knows the area, or grew up there, understands what I am saying. Best thing that could happen is it ALL gets torn down and re built.

I'm not saying Thorncliffe is a good place to live, but the renewal that will come with the Ontario line will be in the form of luxury condos that no real person will ever be able to afford. And where will its present residents go? This is a bad solution to a bad problem.

Back