Toronto One Thirty Eight | 144.05m | 31s | Cityzen | BBB

I dislike the outward curve near the middle. Buildings that have this always look obese to me. The podium looks quite good though.

This is much better. I'd like to see the courtyard piece in the atrium. Is it being kept public access?

If we 'must' lose York Square, this would be ok.

It's down to 30 storeys and 127m as well. Looks much better though. Who remembers this garbage?
Yes, it's now 30 storeys and 127.625 metres (which rounds to 128 metres in the thread title of course), but it's not really "down to" as it's the same height as it was in the previous 40-storey incarnation. They've just gone an entirely different route for the building now, and slab to slab heights are now 3.875 metres for regular floors and 4.2 metres for the top 4 penthouse floors. Units are now huge with the 4 penthouse suites all being 4 bedrooms, most floors containing 3 3-bedroom units, (a total of 60 of those), while there are 3 2-bedroom units and 7 1-bedroom units on offer. That's a total of only 74 units, and follows the trend of 128 Hazelton, 100 Davenport, and Bay + Scollard all going with large suites in the area.

Meanwhile, we have a front page story up here with more info on the project.

looks great, love the wood on the "table top" podium. As a plant lover I am happy to see that much green but "vertical forest" is a bit much. Vertical gardens... sure.

Alright.. After digesting this new iteration, I have one critique to make... I'd like to see more masonry at the ground level. For example, the protruding glass box on Yorkville should be either brick or stone. Glass isn't Yorkville, it'll never be Yorkville.

Agreed. Other than that, this proposal is way better than the previous one.

Why are the 70s additions to the heritage homes being preserved? Wouldn't it make more sense to restore them to their original condition?

Back