Toronto One Sherway | ?m | 32s | Menkes | P + S / IBI

I hope all the parking lots around the mall get filled with towers like at Square One.

Maybe in time the mall will also have bicycle parking as the urbanity spreads.

can't wait to use it in mid February when going shopping with my kids and wife... great seasonal idea perfect for summer and warm days... dont take the wrong way - bicycle parking is needed too, but I would want to see the massive surface parking lot replaced with multi-level underground and subway station right in the mall (i know its in some distant plans - the subway part). the area above then can be redeveloped for condos, parks and commercial. that whole area (including big box retail north of queensway) is a mess and begs for some master re-planning and guidance. getting off topic though.

The big box north of the Queensway is a disaster. Traffic, especially on the weekends, is a mess. Only one way to get out and that makes it trouble.

dropped by the sales center a few weeks ago since i was at the mall ..... looks like tower 4 is around 80% sold ..... they're launching tower 3 in around Mar and they hope to break ground in Oct 2010. Rumours has it they are adding a few more floors to tower 4 ......I think this development acts as a pretty gateway for those coming in from the west as well. You know you're in TO when you see the 4 towers and shereway gardens .... then you'll see the skyline as you go down the QEW.

I hope all the parking lots around the mall get filled with towers like at Square One.

Promenade Mall is almost half-surrounded by towers on its peripheral parking pads. Square One seems to be taking a similar approach as STC, where the parking pads immediately beyond the mall's 'inner ring road' are being turned over to retail, with the towers going up beyond there. Sherway can accommodate at least 15 more towers on its parking pads, and since the local big box stores have gone up on other sites, there's a good chance that more of Sherway's parking pads will be slaughtered for condos.

There's a lot of merit in this sort of hyper-suburbanity.

I am just curious does any one out there know the status of this project. The plans called for 4 towers to be built, 2 were built but the rest of the site has gone to rack and ruin.

construction to begin in Oct 10 and shall be done by sometime in late 2012 according to the sale lady ........

....... if only they turn the toy-r-us into a whole foods then i'm sold ....LOL.

In the new Condo Guide that came out today, there's an ad for the "final" tower of One Sherway, with a render of a 36 storey building. The 32 storey tower that is complete was supposed to be the tallest one, so this new render is very surprising. Does anyone have more information on this?

that's great news if that's true ... the taller the better!!!!!. I'll ask them about it since i'll probably stop by next weekend as i'm leaning towards a purchase here as an investment probably. I love the grand lobby with chandeliers and the general sherway area ..... so luxurious at decent prices still. When they open a grocery store there then i might consider living there. LOL.

I'll try to be the resident updater of this thread ...... with regular pics :D (Like solaris in the Solaris thread).

LOL didn't expect to see my name reference in this thread ~ :D

One Sherway 1+2 turned out pretty well, I'm confident towers 3+4 will look good too ... then they can soon finish the 'central park' at the heart of One Sherway Condominiums

The sales centre has been demolished and shoring equipment is on site. Finally! This seemed to take forever to get going after the first two towers were completed. I guess sales were slow.

Recent pic..........

Attachments

• IMG00391-20101230-1056.jpg
    IMG00391-20101230-1056.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 389

Back