Mississauga One Park Tower | ?m | 38s | Daniels | Kirkor

I could be wrong but I think I saw an MTV Cribs episode with Steve Molitor in it and I think he lived in the penthouse of that slab monstrosity to the right of the gargoyle. Funny.

Heres a pic of the night lighting I found on Flickr

2891494438_7fb2476b73_b.jpg

arrrr finally .... a pic of 1 Park Tower and that Confederation Pkwy bridge at night .... thanks Tuscani01 ~

however I'm a little disappointed based on the above night photo, the building looks slightly more spectacular in daylight IMO

Until you get up close ... I hate the base of this building, it does nothing for the area.
I do like the the area off Confederation Parkway though, the brick work in particular. But once you get up close to the beast ...

Last edited:
One Park Tower actually disrupts the alignment of the pedestrian path too.

Absolute World does have the greatest base either, but the at least building itself is not tacky.

Daniel's projects belong in a theme park, not a city (though Chicago tower might have been nice if they stuck to architects' original design).

Parkside Village... now there is a project that looks more like it belongs in a real city.

Absolutely agree ... and fingers crossed about parkside because we'll really have to wait and see how it turns out. I think it should be pretty good, I'm afraid it'll feel a little generic and repetitive but honestly that's a huge step in the right direction for MCC so that's fine.

Just to make things clear, this tower looks fine from afar, I won't get into the whole ROCP vs One Park debate but my only problems with this building are from close up. In which case it's not really fair to complain as ROCP was probably forced to meet some standard.

Anyway one thing I'm glad about is that this is not a twin project. Not because of the design but just because I'm pretty sick of twin projects (even worse, 3,4,5+ of a kind which minor height variations only). Good example would be the very similar NY Towers.

So what restaurant is going in the base of One Park Tower??? When is that planned for?

(Assuming this is still happening... I had heard awhile back it wasn't.)

So what restaurant is going in the base of One Park Tower??? When is that planned for?

(Assuming this is still happening... I had heard awhile back it wasn't.)

Its not happening. They didn't leave the space for it.

What was put in its place?
Gahhh, I would've loved them to include a nice restaurant, right beside the new park.

Mississauga has been trying to get its "downtown" happening for more than twenty years. Its just not happening......Do not think it can be salvaged at this stage.

All downtowns start from nothing and evolve over time. Making up for past mistakes is easy, and there is still a lot of land available for development in MCC. You cant say its not happening and wont happen. It will. A city isnt something that develops over night.

Toronto did start off as a fur trading post afterall. Its not like downtown just developed in 20 years.

All downtowns start from nothing and evolve over time. Making up for past mistakes is easy, and there is still a lot of land available for development in MCC. You cant say its not happening and wont happen. It will. A city isn't something that develops over night.

Toronto did start off as a fur trading post after all. Its not like downtown just developed in 20 years.

Not so sure about that actually ... oh your facts are 100% correct of course :)

But ... the difference being the elements of good urban form started to take place before there were tons of development. Not quite the case in MCC ... sure there is a lot of land left but a lot of land has already been developed ... unsuccessfully (at least in the sense to build an urban area < don't really like that term it doesn't really imply anything on it's own "urban that is). Anyway, that's the difference when compared to more traditional city centers (traditional in the way they evolved that is).

Most of the traditional downtowns in smaller towns in Ontario are a joke ... they're completely void of pedestrian activity. Honestly in and around the GTA the only exception to this I find is Unionville during lunch time.

Everything else ... downtown Richmond Hill, Newmarket, Aurora ... I can go on. You'd think there were laws against pedestrian activity.

Anyway my point with the above is that's not the right way to go.

Here's my future for MCC:
I don't think it can all be salvaged ... but I do think parts of it can be - newer areas. One interesting idea I heard in regards to the lower donlands development in Toronto is that they're not really zoning for residential land / commercial land ... I think that is a really good idea. NYCC is successful (relatively speaking ... from a # of pedestrians point of view that cannot be argued) because it mixed office / condos so close together, along with entertainment and shopping (not in malls). < anyway parts of MCC can achieve this.

Back