Toronto One Delisle | 155m | 44s | Slate | Studio Gang

I totally agree. I think the loss of the crown becoming gradually smaller in diameter and it’s subtleness makes a bigger-than-expected impact.
This looks far more elegant, coherent and contextually appropriate than Mirvish/Gehry

Shame about the shortening and slight cheapening of the crown though.

20220328_104324.jpg
20220328_104336.jpg
20220328_104352.jpg
20220328_104420.jpg

No new renderings are updated in the database! Many project information is updated! The total unit count decreased from 381 units to 371 units. The total parking spaces increased from 149 parking spaces to 166 parking spaces. The overall building storey count decreased from 47 storeys to 44 storeys. Finally, the total height remains the same at 155.00m.

There's a really good Front Page Story by Stephanie Calvet that addresses both the particulars of this development and some of the broader philosophy of the architect........

The story is based off an interview with Jean Gang conducted by @AlexBozikovic

From the above:

1655843628388.png

I want to second the idea of post-occupancy studies; and suggest the same for major investments in parks and public spaces; and that the information (anonymized where appropriate) be
shared with the client (Developer/Institution/City), the original Architects/Landscape Architects of both design and record.

Further they then ought to be public for the industry and those interested. I think it would surprise many in the industry how things that have always been done, have, perhaps, never worked out in
practice quite the way people thought they would, and the bad idea has festered because no one bothered to look at how it worked out.

Last edited:

Back