Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

In person, the sense of scale is astonishing, especially the two storey front entrance. It will be a huge gallery, facing directly out to the middle of the intersection. I'm looking forward to seeing the lighting, glass, and interior treatments.

That "front entrance" will be a store, not the entrance to the interior mall space, nor the entrance to the tower. I wouldn't be surprised to see a giant white apple hanging there someday.

That "front entrance" will be a store, not the entrance to the interior mall space, nor the entrance to the tower. I wouldn't be surprised to see a giant white apple hanging there someday.

I think he meant gallery, as in display area. Whatever is in there will really show off.

Apple would be a boring and disappointing retail option for this location. I love the company and their products, but Apple is such an uneventful retail experience, i just don't understand the interest? Yes, they've created some interesting architecture in some locations, but there is no potential for that here. Leave Apple for the shopping mall and give us an exciting retail flagship for Yonge/Bloor please!

As an Apple fan, I agree - but for a different reason.

The retail elements have been structured in such a way that the tenants integrate into the existing podium facade. Apple tends to like making their statement/presence. So I doubt they'd go for this. I can see them making a glass cube or something typical Apple somewhere else along Bloor. Or maybe take over the Club Monaco space.

Last edited:
I believe a member on this forum mentioned that TD was opening here.

Apple would be a boring and disappointing retail option for this location. I love the company and their products, but Apple is such an uneventful retail experience, i just don't understand the interest? Yes, they've created some interesting architecture in some locations, but there is no potential for that here. Leave Apple for the shopping mall and give us an exciting retail flagship for Yonge/Bloor please!

Flagship Apple Stores offer a little more for the communities they serve. This includes musical events, interviews with film directors/actors, presentations from artists, business workshops, and kids camps. The crazy part is that these things are all free.

If an Apple Store does open here the layout would probably most resemble what Apple has done in China. While the stores aren't ''architectural marvels'' they have quite an impact due to their scale. Examples: China Central Mall 1 2 Causeway Bay 1 2 Nanjing East 1 Wangfujing 1

I'm very excited about the positive impact this retail space will have on the immediate area.

I believe a member on this forum mentioned that TD was opening here.

Flagship Apple Stores offer a little more for the communities they serve. This includes musical events, interviews with film directors/actors, presentations from artists, business workshops, and kids camps. The crazy part is that these things are all free.

If an Apple Store does open here the layout would probably most resemble what Apple has done in China. While the stores aren't ''architectural marvels'' they have quite an impact due to their scale. Examples: China Central Mall 1 2 Causeway Bay 1 2 Nanjing East 1 Wangfujing 1

I'm very excited about the positive impact this retail space will have on the immediate area.

I love Apple too, and maybe I'm greedy and unrealistic, but I'd like to see Toronto get a landmark Apple flagship store, like what they have in NYC by Central Park or in Shanghai. Something different that stands out. Those stores you pointed out in China don't really seem all that interesting.

I would so love to see a flagship Apple store somewhere near Yonge and Bloor. I no longer think it should be in 1 Bloor East, but instead a standalone location.

Impressed they allowed for 50 visitor parking spots. That's pretty crazy, considering they'll be full all the time and the resident spots are probably going for $60K a pop. Anyone know for sure? I mean what visitors would drive to Yonge and Bloor and expect to find visitor parking in their friend's condo.

The free visitor parking was completely abused at the condo I was at until they started charging $8 per 24 hours (residents went nuts, but still peanuts in terms of parking costs) and then it completely cleared out. So many people using it illegally.

Visitor parking as to be enforced hard or it gets immediately abused by all the lowlifes in the building. We had to tow some folks before they got the message.

Your last line is so true! So many scammers and people that want others to pay for their lifestyle out there. We were always taught that you have to pay for yourself and don't expect anyone else to look after you. Free parking at Yonge and Bloor? We thinks not!

Back