Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Yes there are 2 levels of tie-backs to drill under the ramp and a lot of caisson drilling at the northwest end before excavation can resume.

Ramp being moved from the N/E corner of the site to the S/W corner -

May 12th Update:

Toronto-20120512-00157.jpg

Hope their reputation improves.

It seems Tucker HiRise does not have a very good reputation in the industry:

http://poorconstruction.blogspot.ca/2012/02/m5v-condos-tas-designbuild-lifetime.html

Hope they don't use the same crews here as they did at MV5. These images of shoddy workmanship make one want to cry especially when spending 3/4 of a million. Other horror stories abound and it almost makes me think that with so many new condos under construction, there surely must be a shortage of craftsmen.

This building at One Bloor is supposed to be a landmark in the city. I'm beginning to feel sorry for those who have purchased site unseen, as it may become a landmark of another variety. What a mine field purchasing a pre-construction condo has become.

Great Gulf is a quality builder. I doubt they'd allow that type of crappy workmanship to get past their QA.

Those pictures from the 16th are showing the last row of tiebacks. They're going to excavate just a bit below those

In general, the grade will be reduced a little over 4 metres below the last tie-back level. There is also a deep core footing which covers a significant chunk of the north end, and caissons still have to be drilled to support that footing.

Great Gulf has excellent quality, my family has purchased from them before so I can speak for myself but as for 1 bloor and the nonsense buyers have gone through, I hope Great Gulf makes up for it.

So my post from yesterday got deleted for simply asking if there are any new updates/pics? Interesting....

Probably because it was a pointless question. Scroll up a few posts, and there are the newest updates/pics. If there was anything newer than that, it would have been posted.

Back