Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

^^ That's OK, just saying there's an announcement coming up is news enough.

Indeed! Seeing that empty corner sit so long under Bazis and now GG has become alarming, but a pending announcement sounds promising. Finally!

For those more interested in feet, that's 731 feet to the top of the 70th floor, and 780 feet to the top of the roof sail.

731... nice, thats the TD Tower.
And 780 is Commerce Court range.
This, up in Yorkville, with no other 'scrapers to block it (save for the shorter 4 Seasons of course, but its a few blocks away, not right beside it as the MINT towers are to each other)

Can you imagine how preposterously massive this is going to be?

Height extension coming...or misquote?

http://twitter.com/urbanation

NRU article by Mark Osler on Friday mentioned One Bloor: "Great Gulf Homes' current proposal for the site is for a 76-storey tower".

I've got a gut feeling that news of the tower's construction start is set for the new sales centre opening.

Last edited:
Toronto in 2010 is like New York in the 1930's.....maybe....

Toronto in 2010 is like New York in the 1930's.....maybe....

I remember thinking the same thing a while back, then checked the populations stats over at wiki. Sadly, we're not even close: In 1930 NYC had nearly 7 million people in a land area of 306 sq/m. That's a bit smaller than Toronto + Missy which together contain about 3.2 million. In truth, we're actually closer to NY's 1900 population figures.

Did maestro leave the building? Or is he still conducting things?

haha Im jokes..

Ok, I got my fingers crossed and buttocks is firmly clenched. And Im going....

"One Bloor Supertall.... One Bloor Supertall... 300 meters make it happen baby, you can do it"

Stranger things have happened.

Did maestro leave the building? Or is he still conducting things?

haha Im jokes..

Ok, I got my fingers crossed and buttocks is firmly clenched. And Im going....

"One Bloor Supertall.... One Bloor Supertall... 300 meters make it happen baby, you can do it"

Stranger things have happened.

In my opinion the most logical next TO supertall should be so called Signature Tower of the City Place( right next to the Rogers Center ( Sky Dome)...

Height extension coming...or misquote?

http://twitter.com/urbanation

I've got a gut feeling that news of the tower's construction start is set for the new sales centre opening.

I'm by here 5 or 6 days a week, twice in the past week I've seen the gate open and a few people & vehicles on site if that means anything. Prior to that, nothing.

One Bloor Chopped

I'm by here 5 or 6 days a week, twice in the past week I've seen the gate open and a few people & vehicles on site if that means anything. Prior to that, nothing.

First of all, I see that the landscaping along Bloor East has been dug out and changed to fall plantings which looks nice. There are 4 or 5 racks of more flowers stored on the One Bloor site which may account for why there were people (landscapers?) on site this week, perhaps nothing to do with One Bloor.

Now more bad news for height geeks. It appears that One Bloor is being cut down to 65 floors. I saw this as I was passing by today. A sign of a softening market or more financing problems with this cursed corner?

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Back