Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

That's cruel :)

no, it would be epic!
But really, this tower has things going for it. i cannot wait for groundbreaking to occur on this eyesore. the lot is SO BIG it looks like a bomb exploded at yonge/bloor. its about the size of the "tower/podium portion" of Aura along yonge street.

I'm starting to get a little frustrated, even angry when I walk by here, it's been almost two years now since they leveled this corner.

Did the people who put down deposits on the Bazis version get carried over to this, or were they given an exit option of some sort?

Did the people who put down deposits on the Bazis version get carried over to this, or were they given an exit option of some sort?

Don't know for sure but I believe the original people were refunded their deposits. Then with the new project, they were given I believe first "crack" at the new project at discounted rates. Someone else perhaps who was involved can confirm or give a more accurate response.

That would be a bit of a concern then as it suggests they were essentially starting from scratch, unless their were many takers for the carry-over offer. That is a large project to sell, but the durability of the Toronto market continues to surprise.

Not really. I believe change of builder and design would constitute a material change so they probably had no choice.
On alot of projects I would agree but despite that I don't believe it to be "yorkville" Bloor/Yonge is a great intersection.
I believe they in fact sold very well on the repeat sell.
Another location would be a bigger problem.

hahaha lol, lets hope not or i'm in trouble

I was just poking fun at the Trump thread where nearly everyday people would speculate that it'd been cancelled due to lack of construction. Even so, people would still make comments like "I think it's being capped once the parking garage is complete".

I was just poking fun at the Trump thread where nearly everyday people would speculate that it'd been cancelled due to lack of construction. Even so, people would still make comments like "I think it's being capped once the parking garage is complete".

i know your not serious :p i would be crushed if this thing got cancelled :D

1 Bloor Model

attachment.php

Design: Hariri Pontarini Architects
Photo: Mehrdad Tavakkolian

Back