Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Wow! This developement sure isn't generating as much discussion or excitement as I was hoping. Is this thing just moving quietly along, is it doing as well as had been hoped, what about a potential height increase? Come on all you insiders let us know!

They sold out damn near the whole building before it even hit the market. Is it even open to the public yet? They did REALLY well... believe me

Remaining suites went on sale to the great unwashed (the "preview opening") this past Wednesday.

^@ westportly.
i'm new here too.
Maybe it's tough to get 'excited' after the big Baziz let down.
Plus, the project has morphed into a 'sophisticated', classic Toronto Box.

hmmm, so it's being marketed as the most important, most prestigious crossroads corner in the country...
Interesting how G.G. forgot/failed to incorporate this 'air of superiority' in their modest (safe) design. They're blowing an opportunity; this corner needed something stupid-spectactular.

I'm convinced this will not be a shocking urban disappointment.

Renders tend to offer a) disappointment vis a vis the final built tower OR b) a building that exceeds the clumsy renders.

My bet... 1 Bloor East will be a more than acceptable "b)". And then the property west across Yonge will exceed expectations..... ;-)

^@ westportly.
i'm new here too.
Maybe it's tough to get 'excited' after the big Baziz let down.
Plus, the project has morphed into a 'sophisticated', classic Toronto Box.

hmmm, so it's being marketed as the most important, most prestigious crossroads corner in the country...
Interesting how G.G. forgot/failed to incorporate this 'air of superiority' in their modest (safe) design. They're blowing an opportunity; this corner needed something stupid-spectactular.

I would have preferred something even more spectacular, but Great Gulf's design is more adventurous than the one which preceded it, which was a more restrained all glass tower with some fins at top. This design is still one of the boldest high-rise condos proposed recently in all of Canada. But considering Absolute in Mississauga and the L-Tower, I think it could have been more spectacular.

I don't know...I wasn't too crazy about the project until I actually saw the model up close at the sales center. It's pretty spectacular. Especially when you look at the amenities... I think GG will do a great job. This and Five are my 2 favorite projects right now. Both will be a welcome addition to their surroundings. I don't think GG's delivered a disappointment yet...and that's including X's mechanical box.

One thing that sruck me when i looked at the model was how friggin tall the building was. I mean, i know it's 65 stories and all, but until you actually see the model, it's hard to fathom that kind of height. It is damn tall!!!

Overall, the height dwarfs the podium. It think it's a nice project but doesn't blow you away with fancy looks by any means. I thought the retails was going to be muti level, and maybe it is, but i think they are fitting some more condo units under the podium as well.

I had my hands on a great unit in this building but cancelled. Just decided the premium was too high, especially since there are other nice buildings in the area like CASA, which i feel is truiy special. Looks great, great facilities and views, and right around the corner.

One thing that sruck me when i looked at the model was how friggin tall the building was. I mean, i know it's 65 stories and all, but until you actually see the model, it's hard to fathom that kind of height. It is damn tall!!!

Yeah... anything above 100m in the area looks taller than it is (which is a good think, for example, Crystal blu looks so tall from yonge)... But still, the new proposal is nowhere near as tall (depending on how you're looking at it) as the original proposal at 80 stories :(...

I was just thinking about Yonge/Bloor... all 3 corners will have towers (1 Bloor, Hudsons Bay, CIBC), but what about the south-west corner?... do you think we'll see another tower rise there in the future?

Back