Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Lots of workers on site today. Finishing the tent, hooking up the electricity and installing a pathway from the Yonge/Bloor corner of the site to the north entrance of the tent. Framework is also being constructed for 2 more large signs similar to the ones already there.

I have little doubt that this building will not have a street podium, because there is growing rumor that the developer want to turn outside the building a small public square with water feature outside the main entrance of the building, if this is a true, for those who were campaigning the site should be turned into a public square have something little to celebrate.Becuase when you carefully looked the architect design of this building they are hiding something.The only thing that you could see from rendering is the towers itself with no prove of detail about the base of the building so let us see when they start selling.

If there's truth to that, there might be something to celebrate indeed. Let's see what they have in mind...

Does anyone know if there will be a connection to the mini-path system? A Manulife type retail setup would be nice.

Does anyone know if there will be a connection to the mini-path system? A Manulife type retail setup would be nice.

I think it goes without saying that there will be a 'mimi-path system'. It would make perfect sense, for the vitality of the development.

The hole's already there. They can just connect through the doors that used to lead to Roy's Square

They may also just punch a hole in the west wall of the Zerox building and they're connected to the subway.
But that's all it will be connected to, not The Hudson's Bay Centre directly or for free, since you have to pay to enter the subway to get to the Bay.

The original Kolter proposal had underground connections into the PATH under Bloor and knock out panels for a Yonge connection towards the Manulife centre. Although the Famous Players theatre component made it more important from a retail traffic perspective to include such underground connections. Hopefully this proposal will include those connections to expand the Yonge/Bay/Bloor PATH.

In theory Cineplex could negotiate a much cheaper, long term lease to go into Number One Bloor and when completed, shut down the Varsity cinemas. Rent in the Manulife Centre must be astronomical.

Last edited:
between Manulife Centre and One Bloor ... I suspect the latter would be charging substantially higher rents

My son said that Mr. Harry Pontarini worked on his school (Economics at u of t) and they are not happy with it - it has already gone rusty - but i think he does nice work. i like what i see so far. has construction begun?

Back