Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

I do not have an issue with banks or shoppers drug marts, coffee shops or whatever. I would prefer not to see a car dealership here, simply because I feel that would only give something back to a small portion of the people who pass by here everyday. I'd rather see smaller retail for diversity or something larger but more inclusive.
It seems like an oxymoron to put a car dealership above 2 major subway lines. Not exactly the message I'd want to make, but hey that's just me.

The UT board is probably not the best place for appreciation of cars of any sort. Nor am I advocating a car dealership for that space. I do want to add, however, that a fine automobile can be a very striking piece of contemporary industrial sculpture. Though I admit it is scarcely contemporary anymore, an E Type Jaguar in good condition is one of the 20th century's most striking works of art. If I were a pedestrian walking by a high end car dealership I would stop to look.

I also admit that I fall into that category of male for whom the unattainable car of one's youth will always retain an attraction!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    546.3 KB · Views: 1,409
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 1,403
I think it was reported last week of March they were pouring 50th floor....which means they were able to build 6 floor this month.

I think it was reported last week of March they were pouring 50th floor....which means they were able to build 6 floor this month.

That seems about right, Benito might know best with his view, but I assume with the better weather they are getting 4 day cycles between each floor, (with approx 21 business days a month not including possible work on weekends) 21/4 gives us 5.25 floors/month. So 5-6 floors per month should hopefully be what we see for the next few months till they hit the upper penthouse/mechanical floors above 75th floor.

That seems about right, Benito might know best with his view, but I assume with the better weather they are getting 4 day cycles between each floor, (with approx 21 business days a month not including possible work on weekends) 21/4 gives us 5.25 floors/month. So 5-6 floors per month should hopefully be what we see for the next few months till they hit the upper penthouse/mechanical floors above 75th floor.

They're working on the 57th level now. It is definitely speeding up now.

Back