Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Two shots from today:

2uLnib0.jpg

hkPe70a.jpg

Decisions always have to be made about where this will end, though. Should the balcony glass above line up as well then?

From what I can tell in the design of this elevation, the second floor is not intended to line up with the ground level since it's a separate entity in the design; it's an element that expresses itself separately from the ground floor glazing.

Not trying to say your opinion is wrong or that you shouldn't feel that way, but I don't think it's a detail that was simply overlooked.

The balcony glazing above is all following different lines anyway, so it doesn't seem odd to me that it doesn't always follow what's below. Whether it was intended to line up with the ground floor or not the reality is that they have strong vertical lines on the second floor, and strong projecting lines for the canopy. It wouldn't have been that difficult to keep the spacing on some sort of consistent grid. Even if they had gone with the second floor glazing being 1.5x the spacing of the canopy there'd be some consistency to it.

But then maybe it's just a detail that I'm noticing, and nobody else is ever going to pay any attention to it while they walk by.

DSC02066.jpg

DSC02067.jpg

DSC02068.jpg

DSC02069.jpg

DSC02070.jpg

DSC02071.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02066.jpg
    DSC02066.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,754
  • DSC02067.jpg
    DSC02067.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,755
  • DSC02068.jpg
    DSC02068.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,752
  • DSC02069.jpg
    DSC02069.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,822
  • DSC02070.jpg
    DSC02070.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,760
  • DSC02071.jpg
    DSC02071.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,750
wow... ok that is definitely going to make the curves noticeable again. Interested to see more.

Yes. It looks to exactly match the tone of the glazing that is on balcony levels below (aside from the terrace level). Very promising indeed and a great contrasting colour combination.
Great photos as always Benito.

nice pics Kotsy! in that last pic I got distracted by that black Bentley ;)

Ahha I definitely agree. The photos and the Bentley are both looking pretty good.

It's amazing how empty it is to the south of One Bloor, though.

Back