Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

I'm not sure how accurate the depiction of the 2nd floor is now. I believe, if I am reading the pdf correctly, that at the corner of Bloor and Yonge, the northwest corner of the 2nd floor, there is leasable
space there. However, it is currently built out in that area as open to the ground floor, so that there is no leasable space on the 2nd floor at the northwest corner.

If you look at the columns surrounding that open space at the corner you can see that there are cast-in plates right at the same height as the second floor. I think they could easily add a mezzanine up there if someone wanted to lease it.

From just now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,299
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,299
Thank you for all of your pics, Benito! Love the blue sky. I rarely click members' new posts, but I can always count on yours and your awesome coverage of One Bloor East. I'm taking a wild guess that you also have a perfect view of One Bloor West, too! If so, you can't move lol.

Thank you for all of your pics, Benito! Love the blue sky. I rarely click members' new posts, but I can always count on yours and your awesome coverage of One Bloor East. I'm taking a wild guess that you also have a perfect view of One Bloor West, too! If so, you can't move lol.

I'm happy to hear that some people enjoy my photos .

Yes I will have a good view of 1 Bloor West as well and I've been told that I cannot move until it is completed.

If you look at the columns surrounding that open space at the corner you can see that there are cast-in plates right at the same height as the second floor. I think they could easily add a mezzanine up there if someone wanted to lease it.

The second floor was originally designed to be a cast in place concrete slab in the Northwest corner, but was revised to a steel/composite deck area just before they got to that floor, not sure if it was a request by whatever tenant has that corner as they are now able to design the second floor slab to suit whatever they like (eg. location of escalator if its a 2 level store, or locations of openings to below) or if they were just unsure of the layout they wanted and they didn't want to delay the project so they left it for later. Either way, I believe we will see the 2nd floor completed in that corner prior to occupation of retail.

One last look at 1BE from Regent Park - I moved on Saturday

WCiylB4.jpg

The only hope we have now is for other tall buildings to rise up and block our view of Aura so we can forget it ever happened.

stop the nonsense. If Aura is that bad, how do you look at other buildings in this city? I am sure most of them are not as good as Aura. It is really worse than the parking lot that precedes it? How many of Toronto's high rises are actually prettier than Aura?

Aura is not a project of the decade but safe to say it doesn't hurt Toronto for sure.

stop the nonsense. If Aura is that bad, how do you look at other buildings in this city? I am sure most of them are not as good as Aura. It is really worse than the parking lot that precedes it? How many of Toronto's high rises are actually prettier than Aura?

Aura is not a project of the decade but safe to say it doesn't hurt Toronto for sure.

I think it's a cheap, banal, poorly designed & poorly executed building. A lot of buildings in Toronto are cheap & banal, but unlike Aura, their ugliness is not visible from all points across the city. Because of it's size and visibility, it should be held to a higher standard of design, but all it does is set a very low bar for the design of tall buildings in Toronto. I think 1BE is a lot better so far and will hopefully inspire somewhat more interesting design for the most prominent building on the skyline.

Aura might be "better than a parking lot," but that doesn't make it a good building. It makes it better than a parking lot.

Back