Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Here's to hoping the Gloucester Mews building is never touched. I assume it's on the protected list, but seeing as facadism has flourished in this town, it wouldn't
surprise me if there was at some point an idea that would include it in a development.

it shouldn't be touched.
The building on the south across the street, however, should be gutted. I used to walk past it every day and every time amazed at how ugly it is.

Today\'s updates.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,983
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,955
Does anyone know whether or not One Bloor East will have underground commercial and be connected to PATH?

It will be sort of indirectly connected to the Bloor/Yonge concourse through the Yonge subway platform, so if you have a metropass it will be an easy walk through. However I really don’t think there is anywhere they could have put an actual tunnel under Bloor St. unless they went into the old Plaza Cinema space. I think that’s being used for storage right now as it’s completely closed off. In the future though, they could connect One Bloor underground to the proposed building on the south west corner and in turn that could be connected to the Cumberland/Holt Renfrew concourse. Wishful thinking maybe.

Thanks for the info, I've been hoping that the PATH system up here at Yonge and Bloor would be expanded with the addition of these new projects, but it doesn't seem like it will be, at least with One Bloor East.

Thanks for the info, I've been hoping that the PATH system up here at Yonge and Bloor would be expanded with the addition of these new projects, but it doesn't seem like it will be, at least with One Bloor East.

Perhaps "The One" across the street will accomplish that

One Bloor will connect at ground level to 33 Bloor E, won't it? I thought that's why they boarded up the former entrance to Roy Sq, to allow for the new connection to be built.

And would there even be anything on B1 to connect to? I thought it was just parking down there. If it did get connected it would be connected the way 1 King West or the National Club or Residences of College Park are connected, just a door off a hallway intended for residents only.

One Bloor will connect at Ground Level to 33 Bloor East. I suppose because that's just one building with not much retail, others posting don't consider that a connection to the Uptown PATH. I'd agree. While you can get through the subway station to the Uptown PATH if you have a Metropass, I'd bet that people are only going to do that if there's pretty bad weather to avoid.

There is no connection one level below to 33 Bloor East, as the driveways to the pick up/drop off and to the garage are in the way of that.

Any future connection to The One from 1 Bloor East would require major reconfiguration of the below ground commercial retail units. There are two of them, each with their own front door at ground level on Yonge Street, and their own stairs down. There is no hall between them. I don't think it will happen.

Back