Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

I wouldn't worry about it - this group has paid a great deal of attention to the details - this will be fixed or will blend with the final design for sure.

As awesome as this project is, I'm not a fan of the podium balconies. Too much going on and too many jagged lines for me. Maybe once the balcony glass on the tower goes up it will make the podium looks less jarring..

I have to disagree - it's their attempt to bring life to the podium since these balconies will likely have people on them a great deal of the time. The alternative would be another wall of glass which would sterilize this great corner. I believe it will be one of the best locations in the city for nightlife etc. because it is open on so many levels.

So is this by design, or a mistake? The ones below do not have a white panel for the body.

One_Bloor_East__1_Bloor_St_E___Great_Gulf_Homes__75s__Hariri_Pontarini__-_Page_370_zps56b54881.png~original

No-one will be too surprised to see that this is confirmed as an installation mistake, and that it is going to be changed.

And BTW, Hariri Pontarini Architects are passing along a thank you for all the photos which allow them to virtually visit the building on an ongoing basis! The aerial shots are especially appreciated so I hear, but I'd say that all the photos are appreciated.

And BTW, Hariri Pontarini Architects are passing along a thank you for all the photos which allow them to virtually visit the building on an ongoing basis! The aerial shots are especially appreciated so I hear, but I'd say that all the photos are appreciated.

Great to hear that all these virtual eyes are actually feeding back to the creators!

I have to disagree - it's their attempt to bring life to the podium since these balconies will likely have people on them a great deal of the time. The alternative would be another wall of glass which would sterilize this great corner. I believe it will be one of the best locations in the city for nightlife etc. because it is open on so many levels.

It used to be a great area for nightlife from the 70's to the early 00's, nothing happens there now beyond Burgundy's & Brass Rail. It's deadsville after 10pm.

I'd say just about at the halfway point. The Bay is 439' and it appears 1 Bloor is roughly 420' tall at this point. Either way, it's really beginning to make an impact on the density of the neighbourhood. Can't wait to see it "break from the crowd" over the winter months.

Back