image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 2,774
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 2,765
Finally, One Bloor is blocking my view of that ugly Crystal Blu monstrosity. Good riddance. Another few floors and the Manulife will be gone as well. Then, as I sail into retirement I'll have the gentle curves of One Bloor (and many others) to feast my eyes on every day.

Anything that blocks out Crystal Blu is indeed, a very good thing. (I'd add the Uptown to that too)

Anything that blocks out Crystal Blu is indeed, a very good thing. (I'd add the Uptown to that too)

Well the Uptown has a little bit of character, although I don't think many of the units are occupied, especially in the upper section. It's mostly blacked out at night. Must be a dream for those few souls living there.

Well the Uptown has a little bit of character, although I don't think many of the units are occupied, especially in the upper section. It's mostly blacked out at night. Must be a dream for those few souls living there.

Thanks for being nice to my building. I know it isn't loved on this site. But it is a great place to live. The many of the upper units are great sizes. Most of the upper floors are sold. It think there are only five units that the builder hasn't yet sold.

Anyhow back to 1 Bloor East, it really is looking great the more glazing is installed.

The balcony dividers are being installed now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,753
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,021.7 KB · Views: 1,745
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    832.9 KB · Views: 1,749
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    797.2 KB · Views: 1,751
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    829.7 KB · Views: 1,730
The way those few panes of balcony glass are curved, ever so slightly to meet the gradual curve of the terraces... hhhhhnnnnggg. I am so impressed with this project. Every move they here make raises the bar.

The way those few panes of balcony glass are curved, ever so slightly to meet the gradual curve of the terraces... hhhhhnnnnggg. I am so impressed with this project. Every move they here make raises the bar.

It would be interesting to compare and contrast it to the upcoming Massey Tower and KPMB's own Wellesley on the Park project.

AoD

at the sacrifice of retail space, I think it would have been nice if a little bit of the tower portion on the west face at the corner actually come all the way down and meet with the street level to create a bit of an open space at Yonge/Bloor instead of meeting it sharply and towering above on that first level. Perhaps where the ribbon part flares out at the top floor of the podium. It may be the high perspective of Benito's photos but I'm trying to imagine the sidewalks pedestrians will one day use and they look a bit tight. (of course not nearly as tight as some stretches of Yonge to the south but puny compared to the ones Aura has). Still in love though.

The sidewalk actually looks pretty generous to me. Not as wide as they are at Aura, but wider than the ones to the south.

Back