Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Naturally balconies are a crucial part of the design of a building. We don't get unanimity around here on whether or not they have succeeded on particular buildings, but that's par for the course.

I guess I'm just not a fan of balconies. They serve a legitimate purpose, but I find for the most part residential buildings look a lot better without them.

I agree, without balconies residential buildings look much better they look like some nice office buildings

Back when we were young, and Bloor and Yonge was simpler…

Those were the bad old days.

im only seventeen and do not have as much experience as you do but I love that feeling when one compares an area, person, thing etc from old days to new days.
many of you have seen a lot of changes in Toronto throughout your life.

Yes. I think this building needs to be properly re-clad. New windows don't really help much. I think it's class b office space. In such a great location, they might benefit from completely refurbishing it. And it would sure look better.

As long as they don't re-clad it in glass. The last thing Toronto needs is another all glass building.

Today's update.

DSC02041.jpg

DSC02042.jpg

DSC02043.jpg

DSC02044.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02041.jpg
    DSC02041.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,533
  • DSC02042.jpg
    DSC02042.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,520
  • DSC02043.jpg
    DSC02043.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,536
  • DSC02044.jpg
    DSC02044.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,539
It would have been nice if the mullion spacing had been consistent right up to the angled sections (to eliminate "T" joints and overly wide panes of glass), but that's typical.

The glass on the soffit looks good - presumably the same as the balcony glass.

Last edited:
Hmm. Hadn't even noticed the T joints on the glazing until you mentioned them. Still beautiful but now that just might bother me a bit.

I pity the folks on the lower levels on the east side looking straight into 33 Bloor not 40 feet away from their beds when they wake up in the morning. Weird.

I pity the folks on the lower levels on the east side looking straight into 33 Bloor not 40 feet away from their beds when they wake up in the morning. Weird.

At least they know that nothing new is going to be built there anytime soon.

Not as bad as the condo two doors east. They first put up the tower right on Bloor and in the plans showed a very nice green courtyard to the south with circular drive leading up to a private entrance. Then low and behold when they started to dig, a second tower directly south of the first, started to rear it's ugly head, right where that circular drive was supposed to be. So right now if you have a south facing unit in the north tower, or a north facing unit in the south tower, it's like your unit is down a well. What a disaster! And just south on Charles Street, there are five more condos competing for the same effect. Two are complete, one is close to topping off, one is at street level and the fifth is just getting ready to break ground. Utter madness.

With those high ceiling, the indoor portion of the level 7 amenities floor is gonna be pretty impressive!

Back