Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

1bs16.jpg

Curious, how long do those forms have to stay in place after the concrete has been poured?

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious, how long do those forms have to stay in place after the concrete has been poured?

The concrete has cured hard enough after a few days - the 4 or 5 day normal cycle per floor - to remove the shoring, but typically it won't be removed until its needed on the next level, which on atypical, built-to-order podium floors will likely be longer than that.

Podium

I would hope so! Yonge/Bloor has been dead compared to how active it was 5 years ago.

I really hope they will attract some high end anchor tenants. We need something on the east side of Yonge along Bloor to glitz it up a bit. I had heard that Saks might apply but Bergdorf Goodman or perhaps Van Cleef & Arpels, Bulgari or Armani would also do nicely.

I really hope they will attract some high end anchor tenants. We need something on the east side of Yonge along Bloor to glitz it up a bit. I had heard that Saks might apply but Bergdorf Goodman or perhaps Van Cleef & Arpels, Bulgari or Armani would also do nicely.

The Apple Store would also be a great fit. It would certainly pump some life into the east side.

I vote for an Apple store, as it's very much needed in downtown Toronto.

Well, we do already have one at Eaton Centre, but I agree that a much larger store is desperately needed. That said, I'd guess that Apple's preference, at least for a flagship store, is to do what was (mistakenly) rumoured a while back, and build a completely new stand-alone store at the Stollery's site. It could then use its own architectural flair, rather than have to fit in an existing space. But perhaps a One Bloor store wouldn't be a "flagship" in that sense.

Of course, an Apple store has been rumoured for One Bloor ever since it was a Bazis project.

Back