Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

o6li.jpg

Great picture from my friend David A:

1146455_10101409479164740_353201601_n.jpg

Attachments

• 1146455_10101409479164740_353201601_n.jpg
    1146455_10101409479164740_353201601_n.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,145
I'm curious to see what's going on in the northwest corner of the site. All of the columns have embedded plates at the tops, so I'd assume there's some ironwork coming

Looks like some really heavy duty beams are about to be poured. But this confuses me since I thought the South East corner was just a low story podium.

IMG_5162.JPG

There's a mechanical room going there

Haha, people on this site know way too much about these developments. Do you have the blueprints for this building or something? ;)

I think most people on this board know that chester is an "insider". he does have access to many construction drawings, but how he gets them and the renders he posts is a general mystery.

Mystery Solve

I think most people on this board know that chester is an "insider". he does have access to many construction drawings, but how he gets them and the renders he posts is a general mystery.
The Mystery is Solved

All you got to do is pay your yearly fee to be a member of the http://www.dcnonl.com/ or the Construction Associations (various area) that will give you access to a daily bid list of projects and bidders as well info on future ones.

You can go into the Construction Associations plan room and look at every project that is out for tender as well book them out for the night, weekend or a number of days. You can go to the printer and get a copy made of the pages you want copy. They can print it at the full size of the page or reduce/enlarge it depending on your need.

As a sub trade, you can visited the various contractors plan room to see those same projects as well booking them out. At the same time, you will see plans for projects that don't go Construction Association since it maybe a in-house project or a selected group on the QT.

Then there are developer and construction management that invite sub trades to bid on various projects not going through the Construction Associations.

TTC and Metrolinx tender their own projects.

If you want to, you can also buy a complete roll of drawings for all of the trades or a certain section and it can cost some big bucks. You will get all the addends free until the tender close.

Been there and done it.

Then there are the Developer, Investors, Bankers, Architect and staff, various engineers for the various trades drawings and staff, Contractor and Staff, Sub trade personal, spy, talking to staff, able to look at a site and understand what going on with the list going on.

Give me a set of drawings for any trade and I can tell you what is going on and where.:cool:

Back