Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Attachments

• Yonge and Bloor Skyline 004b.jpg
    Yonge and Bloor Skyline 004b.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 350
Considering its 610m height, it would overwhelm the area... A few more shots:

41732sja0.jpg

41731swu3.jpg

BTW, the tower (Rossiya) is on hold and its future is not clear.

Here you go MadMax.

I took some artistic license and reduced it's height so it wouldn't overwhelm the intersection as vz64 seemed to believe, and I agreed. It's more in the 850 foot range now (250m).

Personally, (Forgiving my bad Photoshop render) I don't like this at Y&B either.

Attachments

• One Bloor and Russia Tower 001.JPG
    One Bloor and Russia Tower 001.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 299
Here you go MadMax.

I took some artistic license and reduced it's height so it wouldn't overwhelm the intersection as vz64 seemed to believe, and I agreed. It's more in the 850 foot range now (250m).

Personally, (Forgiving my bad Photoshop render) I don't like this at Y&B either.

Yeah, you're right Traynor, doesn't seem to fit in here. We need something a little more slender with straight lines in my opinion. Maybe a podium that opens up to the street, kind of like Hullmark building in NYCC. Personally, I love the design of the "L" tower even with the foot chopped off but I'm not sure how that building would look here either?

Yeah, you're right Traynor, doesn't seem to fit in here. We need something a little more slender with straight lines in my opinion. Maybe a podium that opens up to the street, kind of like Hullmark building in NYCC. Personally, I love the design of the "L" tower even with the foot chopped off but I'm not sure how that building would look here either?

Hahahaha That's how this portion of the thread got started! I said this back a few pages (Post #240 bottom of page 16) and got yelled at because the podium of Hullmark wasn't special enough in some forumer's view. However, I had only said I like the footprint of Hullmark's podium and that it creates a plaza... And that is what I liked about it. I think important intersections should open up like a Herald Square or Columbus Circle do. Look how Dundas and Yonge became a pedestrian Mecca when they opened up it's space!

Oh well, still searching for that ever-so illusive fit for Y&B.

Last edited:

Really? The 'Drill bit" I mean Chicago Spire? Despite the fact that I think it's a cool design I'm kind of glad they aren't building that in Chicago for the nonce. Looking at those renders, it just doesn't fit Chicago in my mind.

OK, so if we put it at Y&B, do you want it the same size as the original, topping out around 2000 feet?

^All of the above are rubbish, meant for suburban locations. Design will be unveiled soon enough, and thank god for the clues...;)

I'm just trying to get a sense of what "type" of building (design wise) would fit in best here? Any thoughts?

Back