Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

This may have already been addressed early on;
We know that this site is not on top of either the Bloor/Danforth line or the Youge line but there still may be a connection wye track for the lines in the south-west quadrant of where they crossover. Is anyone aware if this is the case here?

An example would be the connecting track on the south-east quadrant of the Youge and Sheppard lines that the Hullmark site has to deal with;
July%25252025%252520Pano.jpg

No, there are no connecting wye tracks under One Bloor East. The connection between the Y-U-S and Bloor lines are on either side of St. George and Bay stations. That's why there is a lower Bay station.

In this case I think that is true. The new One Bloor is a way sleeker nice design from the previous developers plans. I really like the idea of again a huge podium on a major corner. Apple may be moving in as main retailer, or so I heard or read somewhere

In this case I think that is true. The new One Bloor is a way sleeker nice design from the previous developers plans. I really like the idea of again a huge podium on a major corner. Apple may be moving in as main retailer, or so I heard or read somewhere

I think the Apple store thing is just a rumour, but still, i think this is a very appropriate location for one.... The only one serving downtown toronto/most of toronto, is Apple Store Eatons Centre... Honestly, after visiting the 5th avenue store a few weeks ago (the exterior glass was all wrapped up but still, nonetheless), every other apple store i visit seems like a downgrade.... For some reason, I always envision the glass, TD bank/starbucks, box at Queen and Bay to be an Apple Store... THAT would be cool IMO,

Does anyone know how they deal with underground streams/rivers? I know it's fairly common.

The approach is to drill well lines down along the cassion walls, and pump the water out of the soil before excavation begins. Wet soil liquefies when disturbed, and it is unsafe to dig in saturated soil. Atlas dewatering installations are standard features in the Waterfront construction sites, and were applied to the Burano site.

The usual happening here. There is some rebar on site - possibly just using the site for storage.

Did you notice if the walkway to the Xerox building from Yonge Street is closed? It looks like the fence has been partly disassembled in the top pic. there.

Did you notice if the walkway to the Xerox building from Yonge Street is closed? It looks like the fence has been partly disassembled in the top pic. there.

I believe it has been closed. I walked up towards the intersection of Yonge/Bloor and don't recall a walkway to the Xerox building.

I believe it has been closed. I walked up towards the intersection of Yonge/Bloor and don't recall a walkway to the Xerox building.

The walkway is not closed yet. But they are building a new one along the side of the Xerox building that goes to Hayden St.

Back