Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Traynor!!! terrific work! i was trying to do the same thing in my head, but lost track of which projects go where when i wanted to view the whole picture!!! lol!
it's nice that from this angle (aside from the usual west/lake view), you can REALLY see how much these new developments transform the skyline... nyc/chicago haven't had any major changes (trump chicago = only real exception), mostly cause they're so big already ;), so you won't find these kind of SKYLINE MAKEOVERS anywhere!

and yeah, 880 bay street is going to be HUGE from this view, but you nailed the other ones down! :D

OK added even more to that render.

I would love to do one for real if I could get a hold of a high resolution version (hint, hint Interchange42 :D )

I don't even recognize my own city.

5594265242_2a345667b6_b.jpg

Attachments

• Future South View 002 peg.jpg
    Future South View 002 peg.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 314
  • Future South View 002 B peg.jpg
    Future South View 002 B peg.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 420
Impressively impressive.

It would be nice to have a Signature tower proposal in there ...if only there actually was a Signature Tower proposal.

Edit: I suppose 300 Front, Charlie, and Theatre Park etc. could be put in to add a bit of balance to the right hand side, though they would be pretty small.

Last edited:
lol traynor... okay, this time it looks really really complete! don't think you forgot anything,.... well.. you forgot 1 thing, . trump! lol!

Nice twisty Signature 3D! Who'd a thunk there'd be a day when you couldn't see Maunlife from this perspective? Cheers!

Traynor, U are the best man...Latman to the rescue again.... thoughts well, TO is gonna be huge... Aura + Bay street stuff really putting the ends together.... and u=you cant even see Southcore area!

One Bloor Interior Design by Cecconi Simone

Urban Toronto sat down recently with Anna Simone, founding partner and principal of Cecconi Simone, to discuss the striking and all-encompassing interior design for the 30,000 square-foot spa and amenities areas at One Bloor by Great Gulf Homes.

Text by Doug Convoy; renderings courtesy of Great Gulf Homes

Ms. Simone described the fluid, “morphic” interior design as an extension of the landmark building’s exterior architecture by Hariri Pontarini Architects but with its own unique and unforgettable vocabulary. The totality of design engages every surface in continuous movement, with planes and spaces overflowing into each other, collapsing interior and exterior and embracing nature. Elements of fire, water, and earth are present throughout, weaving together the spa and lifestyle experience at One Bloor in line with its maxim “This is your fantasy.”

The Lobby enveloped in billowing surface planes for a memorable introduction to One Bloor

1BloorLobby750.jpg

The Look-out Fireplace Lounge with cascading sinews and biomorphic 'legs' extending from an undulating ceiling – 6th floor

1BloorLounge750.jpg

Lounge area with rippling walls and swelling ceiling (not depicted effectively in this rendering) – 6th floor

1BloorPartyRm750.jpg

The cocoon-like aqua spa area with jet message, hot plunge, and cold plunge pools and fireplace – 6th floor

The 30,000 sq ft spa at One Bloor – 12,000 sq ft of interior space and 18,000 sq ft of exterior space – encompasses aroma tepidarium steam baths, laconiums, ice fountains, experience showers, and treatment rooms, in addition to a Kinesis / Pilates Room, a Yoga / Spinning Room, a weights area, and two cardio fitness areas.

1BloorSpa750.jpg

Hot tub (foreground) and indoor-outdoor swimming pool and fireplace – 7th floor

Extensive glazing and natural foliage blur interior and exterior. Rolling, folding surface planes link interior design and exterior architecture.

1BloorPools750.jpg

The 18,000 sq ft outdoor terrace with year-round swimming pool, fireplace, and reflective canopies designed by Janet Rosenberg + Associates in close collaboration with Cecconi Simone – 7th floor

1BloorTerrace750.jpg

Floorplan – 6th floor

Look-out Fireplace Lounge in 2nd image – lower left
Lounge area in 3rd image – lower centre
Aqua spa area in 4th image – upper centre

1Bloor6thFloor750.jpg

Floorplan – 7th floor

Hot tub and indoor-outdoor swimming pool in 5th image – middle centre
Outdoor terrace with year-round swimming pool and reflective canopies in 6th image – lower right

1Bloor7thFloor750.jpg

Cecconi Simone currently is in discussion with various trades to formulate strategies for achieving this high-concept interior design as rendered. There are numerous ways of doing so and both Cecconi Simone and Great Gulf Homes are determined to realise this vision for One Bloor without compromise. Urban Toronto looks forward to experiencing these dramatic spaces first hand in a few years’ time.

It's funny looking but I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way. It kind of has a look reminiscent of when a video game designer tries to make something look futuristic. In that way, it also reminds me of a lot of the designs in the 1960s that were made to look futuristic but nowadays look like a campy but appealing 60s design.
I guess I'm saying that it's visually interesting but gimmicky looking but that can work sometimes.

Back