Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

i think we can assume that nothing will be happening on this site this year.
personally I think this block has been a big let down... first with Bazis and their snafu. Then we get excited when GG steps in only to be slightly gratified with the design of the new building. It's been all hype..

At this point I'd be happy to see the fences gone and a empty green lot.

All this criticism for a building that has yet to be built. I think the building looks good. Some people are never satisfied.

personally I think this block has been a big let down... first with Bazis and their snafu. Then we get excited when GG steps in only to be slightly gratified with the design of the new building. It's been all hype..

Decorate the lot with a toliet for the next month and a half, perhaps?

Construction trailers appearing on site it surely a sign of the proposal's demise.

OMG! why is this taking so long! i remember hearing a while back that "construction is imminent" and "1 bloor will start this month!".... and then!.... PORTA POTTY :D!!!!
But jeez. i hope this one starts real soon. Will it break ground before new year?

It's my understanding that there are still a number of outstanding permits and construction could still be a couple months away... although heavy equipment being on site suggests things may be moving more quickly now.

It's my understanding that there are still a number of outstanding permits and construction could still be a couple months away... although heavy equipment being on site suggests things may be moving more quickly now.

Do you happen to know whether the tower will be 65 or 70 storeys?

I'm hoping for a JCrew at the bottom of this complex although not sure they would pay the crazy rents that are probably being asked. On the other hand, how much higher can rent be here than further west on Bloor?

Back