Toronto One Bedford | ?m | 32s | Lanterra | KPMB

Yikes, Margaret Wente lives there? How repugnant.

AoD

Mayor Tory and Ms. Hackett used to live at the condo at Mount Pleasant and Bloor (the Belaggio?). I'm surprised about MacMillan, given her NIMBY crendentials as landed U of T-Annex gentry (British PM David Lloyd George was her great-grandfather) in opposing the previous Varsity Stadium proposals, and, possibly, One Bedford itself if I'm not mistaken.

I'm surprised about MacMillan, given her NIMBY crendentials as landed U of T-Annex gentry (British PM David Lloyd George was her great-grandfather) in opposing the previous Varsity Stadium proposals, and, possibly, One Bedford itself if I'm not mistaken.

If you can't win, join them?

Agreed. I wonder if unit turnover in this building will increase now that the word is out that Ms. Wente lives there, haha.

Har har, perhaps Carol Wainio can get a unit next door. Har har har.

AoD

Last edited:
Mayor Tory and Ms. Hackett used to live at the condo at Mount Pleasant and Bloor (the Belaggio?). I'm surprised about MacMillan, given her NIMBY crendentials as landed U of T-Annex gentry (British PM David Lloyd George was her great-grandfather) in opposing the previous Varsity Stadium proposals, and, possibly, One Bedford itself if I'm not mistaken.

Doesn't seem that surprising. She was, IIRC, provost of Trinity College at the time. I can see why they would have been upset to have a major sports facility built directly beside their residences.

Excuse the threat bump:
From Museum House.

30394522764_e2d61484a4_b.jpg

31072055852_6e4ffe9d5d_b.jpg

Back