1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 459     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Workmode, a pay-by-the-hour co-working space, has opened at 1000 Queen St W (NE corner at Ossington). The unit was formerly occupied by the Shinola store.

The Mod Club Theatre at College & Crawford has officially closed:

Bom Dia, a new Portuguese bakery has opened up at the SW corner of Queen West & Dufferin:

Someone in Leslieville has trolled the AGCO and a neighbourhood bakery.

The bakery is under investigation for illegally selling alcohol in her food, ie. boozy fruitcake; because of a complaint.

FFS; everyone knows you can't eat Fruitcake sober; it's only sensible to include the booze right in with it!

Though, honestly, some alcohol first makes the door-stop taste somewhat less inedible.

Seriously, this makes me mad; we can't get inspectors into long-term care homes in the age of Covid; but we can investigate a bakery for this? Really?

Another live music venue at risk, as a Go Fund Me campaign has been set up to help the Hard Luck Bar (Ossington & Dundas W) in order to cover expenses during this time.

At least 11 music venues have closed in Toronto during the pandemic, including the Mod Club, the Hideout, the Boat, ROUND Venue and Club 120.

Another live music venue at risk, as a Go Fund Me campaign has been set up to help the Hard Luck Bar (Ossington & Dundas W) in order to cover expenses during this time.

At least 11 music venues have closed in Toronto during the pandemic, including the Mod Club, the Hideout, the Boat, ROUND Venue and Club 120.

The Hard Luck has such an unfortunately accurate name.

Now Toronto with a list of 22 live music venues that have closed in 2020. They also include other places that are currently in trouble, and separately other places that have reopened:

Back