Toronto Nobu Residences Toronto | 156.66m | 45s | Madison Group | Teeple Architects

This is what the architectural docs show for the back. It's very spandrel heavy, but frustratingly inaccurate on the usage of mullions which was something I had a worry about. Cheap window wall systems look cheap because of the thickness and density of use. In this case they chose a thicker cheap system. Unfortunately while the documents I posted before showed very nice materials, the mullion system is not defined... so it's a wait and see situation on each material section.

Furthermore, the mullions here are supposed to be black? according to the material list to the city. These documents give far too few insights into materials or straight up lie, so don't trust the connecting system until applied here (at least I hope they don't look as bad) which was why I posted the other materials (who knows what was cheapened though without specifics). The mullions are specified as being used commonly on there as labeled at window wall system (not specifically unless it's by Toro Windows)

1630278028344.png

The mullions here appear to show curtain wall on the front, and the glass on the documents I posted a while ago was also specified to be curtain wall. This very much could be ruined by thicker cheap mullion use.

The black sloped metal being used on the towers is not cheap, I can guarantee that having seen it. Understandably though this building could suck if they only spent well on certain aspects of the tower. The towers use regular window wall, not curtain wall, keep that in mind. The renders are not truly accurate, even as much as I wish them to be (curtain wall was just a better idea, but it's clearly window wall supplied by Toro Windows)

1630278322035.png

EDIT: This is specified for the front specifically.

1630279716221.png

Last edited:
I believe this cladding is for the back side thats not in the rendering. The front of the podium and sides of the towers will have curtainwall.

But this may be whats used on front of the towers.

Photos taken September 10th, 2021:

View attachment 347981

View attachment 347982

The misalignment of the new building and the facade here really irks me........

View attachment 347983

View attachment 347984

View attachment 347985

View attachment 347986

View attachment 347987
Photos taken September 10th, 2021:

View attachment 347981

View attachment 347982

The misalignment of the new building and the facade here really irks me........

View attachment 347983

View attachment 347984

View attachment 347985

View attachment 347986

View attachment 347987
Unrelated, but I think I saw you take these. Around 1:45PM today?

isnt there like 45% of building should be spandrel rule. i hope that covers 45% and they dont use spandrel going forward. LOL!

Back