Toronto Nobu Residences Toronto | 156.66m | 45s | Madison Group | Teeple Architects

IMG_1914.jpeg

I find it curious that the Entertainment District condo cluster doesn’t appear more prominent in the skyline despite its density. From the waterfront (as in this picture), the majority of the towers are hidden behind Rogers Centre, only the peaks are visible. Also, because almost all have more or less the same height, the ones behind are blocked by the ‘front liners’ (from all angles, not just the waterfront).

I find it curious that the Entertainment District condo cluster doesn’t appear more prominent in the skyline despite its density. From the waterfront (as in this picture), the majority of the towers are hidden behind Rogers Centre, only the peaks are visible. Also, because almost all have more or less the same height, the ones behind are blocked by the ‘front liners’ (from all angles, not just the waterfront).
Given the quality of those buildings (most of them), do you really want them more prominent from the lake? ;)

IMG_2100 Edited.jpeg

My memory is a bit fuzzy but I’m surprised I haven’t seen more shots from this angle.

Reminiscent of the now lost TD Centre/Mies viewport. Though this is a bit more Spandrel Centre than TD.

Apologies for the rough and dirty edit, my camera blew everything and I tried to save the shot

And high-end customers are even less likely to look up - they'll arrive at night, hopping from their Uber XL or car service and stepping inside. Most people will spend less than ten or fifteen seconds outside of the building, and most of them will be busy looking at other people, not up at the building.

Sadly, it's just us urban nerds that will care about the mess above the brick.

And high-end customers are even less likely to look up - they'll arrive at night, hopping from their Uber XL or car service and stepping inside. Most people will spend less than ten or fifteen seconds outside of the building, and most of them will be busy looking at other people, not up at the building.

Sadly, it's just us urban nerds that will care about the mess above the brick.

Doesn't stop other cities from giving a damn above the podium

Agree... but outside of UTers, few people look up.
Fair point.

...as I also suspect that the elder structures tend to do a fairly good job at obscuring the monstrosities that have sprouted up above them.

Back