Toronto Neptune + Neptune 2 Condominiums | 120.09m | 38s | Lanterra | P + S / IBI

This is not new in the condo market in Toronto.

Were you in Pinnacle or other pre-contruction projects in other parts of the city?

Same kind of things...the building is not finished yet...overtime when property management comes in and things get organized these types of things should be fixed.

In the mean time I would suggest not posting disparaging remarks abuot a brand new condo that hasn't even been given a chance. Ive done this myself, but I'm starting to realize that negative comments could shed negative light for a lot of owners,investors, renters and so forth. Let's try to stay positive and hope everything in the building gets fixed.

Also remember that this isn't a small project by any means.

I just hope that people find out the truth about Neptune. I've lived at Neptune for 3 months now and it was 1 bad decision.
  1. 30 Minute wait for elevators in the morning
  2. P2 Entrance unlocked at all times
  3. Construction happening next to your suite
  4. Garbage all over the parking lot entrance
  5. Uncarpeted Floor
  6. No amenities still (Swimming pool in at least 1 year)

There's probably alot more that people in this building have to say. If you are an agent, I hope you know the truth and tell your clients the truth about this building. You can confirm any of the above by talking to anyone in the building. People talk in elevators all the time, not about their job/life, but about how bad the building is.

There's this site that this guy started in our building.... http://neptunecondos.posterous.com/ ... it contains some pictures of how the building looks from the inside.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm if the tiny underground parking entrance is the same for all 4 Waterparkcity buildings?

I just hope that people find out the truth about Neptune. I've lived at Neptune for 3 months now and it was 1 bad decision.
  1. 30 Minute wait for elevators in the morning
  2. P2 Entrance unlocked at all times
  3. Construction happening next to your suite
  4. Garbage all over the parking lot entrance
  5. Uncarpeted Floor
  6. No amenities still (Swimming pool in at least 1 year)

There's probably alot more that people in this building have to say. If you are an agent, I hope you know the truth and tell your clients the truth about this building. You can confirm any of the above by talking to anyone in the building. People talk in elevators all the time, not about their job/life, but about how bad the building is.

There's this site that this guy started in our building.... http://neptunecondos.posterous.com/ ... it contains some pictures of how the building looks from the inside.

This is what happens when you buy a brand new condo. I'm sure it's not the case with all condos, since the developers vary, but I don't think it's fair to assume that once you move in, everything will be "hunky dory".

I did look at Shawn Yuan's photos,... it resembles pretty much what X looked like when I first moved in (and I was one of the first to move in). The floors were not carpeted, the hallways were not painted, the amenities opened 4 months or so afterwards (work was still being done in the game room, the library and so forth). There was a lot of dirt in the lobby/elevators (everywhere) because the trades were coming in and out. You have construction vibrations going on in your unit from god knows where. You have noise coming from adjacent construction sites, which will be something you would have to deal with for years to come. You have the elevators being down often (1 of the 4 would be in service, since the other 2 were for trades and another was used for moving). You have the fire alarm testing going on for days, which might drive some mad. But you know what, this is what happens when you are living in a brand spanking new condo and you have to expect this. And I have done just that. Give it some time. You can join the board of directors once the building is ready and voice your opinion.

tor_gold said it perfectly. This *IS* a new condo. It's not fair to post comments about the state of the condo 3-4 months after moving in.

That's my exact concern. It's hard to trust a developer with pre-construction unless they are one of the those very famous builders.

The hallway was worse actually. Hopefully things get better.

No I wasn't part of other pre construction projects. I didn't hear about this from any of my friends that have a condo so this is somewhat of a shock to me. Hopefully things get better.

This is not new in the condo market in Toronto.

Were you in Pinnacle or other pre-contruction projects in other parts of the city?

Same kind of things...the building is not finished yet...overtime when property management comes in and things get organized these types of things should be fixed.

In the mean time I would suggest not posting disparaging remarks abuot a brand new condo that hasn't even been given a chance. Ive done this myself, but I'm starting to realize that negative comments could shed negative light for a lot of owners,investors, renters and so forth. Let's try to stay positive and hope everything in the building gets fixed.

Also remember that this isn't a small project by any means.

Can anyone confirm if the tiny underground parking entrance is the same for all 4 Waterparkcity buildings?

No should be different. It's just with Neptune that you have to make this weird turn. I think it's because Neptune 2 hasn't opened and they blocked off the entire Neptune 2 parking lot with ghetto fencing. Only 1 car can enter or exit at one time at the entrace. But after you pass the entrance, it's your standard parking lot.

Thanks cruzin4u. I've never knew about this so living through all that was pretty bad by myself. The entire building is almost occupied. 30 something floors are being occupied. Is it still normal for all these bad things to occur at Neptune?

Jessie

This is what happens when you buy a brand new condo. I'm sure it's not the case with all condos, since the developers vary, but I don't think it's fair to assume that once you move in, everything will be "hunky dory".

I did look at Shawn Yuan's photos,... it resembles pretty much what X looked like when I first moved in (and I was one of the first to move in). The floors were not carpeted, the hallways were not painted, the amenities opened 4 months or so afterwards (work was still being done in the game room, the library and so forth). There was a lot of dirt in the lobby/elevators (everywhere) because the trades were coming in and out. You have construction vibrations going on in your unit from god knows where. You have noise coming from adjacent construction sites, which will be something you would have to deal with for years to come. You have the elevators being down often (1 of the 4 would be in service, since the other 2 were for trades and another was used for moving). You have the fire alarm testing going on for days, which might drive some mad. But you know what, this is what happens when you are living in a brand spanking new condo and you have to expect this. And I have done just that. Give it some time. You can join the board of directors once the building is ready and voice your opinion.

tor_gold said it perfectly. This *IS* a new condo. It's not fair to post comments about the state of the condo 3-4 months after moving in.

Thanks cruzin4u. I've never knew about this so living through all that was pretty bad by myself. The entire building is almost occupied. 30 something floors are being occupied. Is it still normal for all these bad things to occur at Neptune?

Jessie

You're going to have to wait until the building registers. Even if the building is completely occupied, there's still a lot of construction going on. Be patient.

Jessie

It was an experience for me as well. I have been a homeowner for 10 years, so the transition to a condo has been somewhat diffcult. All the noise and construction mess was something I expected, and so it wasn't as bad. I can't really speak specifically for Neptune, but the consensus is that you will generally have issues with buildings until they are registered and the board of directors is formed. I know things will get better and all of the headaches you are experiencing now will be a distant memory :).

occupancies have started and I think they have completed the occupancies upto 3rd or 4th floors.

Could someone post any latest pics especially interior of the Neptune 2?

March 13 2011 update

Previous (exterior) photo that I forgot about:

IMG_5230.jpg

Back