Toronto Neptune + Neptune 2 Condominiums | 120.09m | 38s | Lanterra | P + S / IBI

May 29 2010 update

View from Ontario Place - Neptune in the middle
IMG_5169.jpg

I apologize for this adding nothing, but does anybody else agree these are possibly the most boring, uninspired buildings ever to be constructed/under construction in the last 5 years?

I apologize for this adding nothing, but does anybody else agree these are possibly the most boring, uninspired buildings ever to be constructed/under construction in the last 5 years?

I don't mind em...they do seem a little dated though but I can think of many blander projects out there.

Park Lake Residences would take the cake for "most boring, uninspired buildings", at least along the waterfront. Neptune is dated as JayBee said since it is practically a mirror image of Waterparkcity beside it, which I've never had a problem with. True, it is a typical early 2000's green glass condo, but WPC and Atlantis are among the better towers of this variety, in my opinion. With Neptune being a mirror copy, it diminishes whatever appeal WPC had.

July 1 2010 update

2 floors of windows left for Neptune 1 ~
IMG_4788.jpg

Look at all those condos. How can you load that area with so many people and not have one single restaurant, store, coffee shop or anything? I find that mind boggling!

Look at all those condos. How can you load that area with so many people and not have one single restaurant, store, coffee shop or anything? I find that mind boggling!

meh it's easy - look at many parts of Toronto - some parts of MCC / SCC / Toronto west lakefromt (Etobicoke) ... it happens all the time.
A lot of people don't play where they live. Not saying that's a good thing.

meh it's easy - look at many parts of Toronto - some parts of MCC / SCC / Toronto west lakefront (Etobicoke) ... it happens all the time.
A lot of people don't play where they live. Not saying that's a good thing.

Yeah but this is basically downtown Toronto, not the car-mad suburbs. And even the Etobicoke Waterfront cluster has a few restaurants and stores. (few facing the water, so you have to wander around the sides to find them but they are there) As isolated as this area is, I would hate to live here and have to go on a trek, just to buy milk. That's just bad planning.

Last edited:
Yeah but this is basically downtown Toronto, not the car-mad suburbs. And even the Etobicoke Waterfront cluster has a few restaurants and stores. (few facing the water, so you have to wander around the sides to find them but they are there) As isolated as this area is, I would hate to live here and have to go on a trek, just to buy milk. That's just bad planning.

If the proposal for a grocery store in the large abandoned warehouse at Lakeshore and Bathursts goes though they'll have something right at there door steps. Otherwise I agree! there is retail in the bottom of a lot of buildings but quite a few are just banks :(

I'm typically not for indoor malls, but I always thought that the parking lot at the NE corner of Queens Quay and Bathurst would make a good location for a small shopping centre - something about the same size as the Dragon Centre at the SW corner of Dundas and Spadina. The area could use some central retail space to provide an anchor for the surrounding neighbourhood. And Queens Quay could use some better retail options. Right now it's all parks on one side, and boring condo retail on the other (dry cleaners, Rabba's, sandwich chains, etc).

Waterparkcity is a 15 minute walking distance to Queen St W and 10 minute walking to Liberty Village and King West shops. Its not as isolated as you think.

Waterparkcity is a 15 minute walking distance to Queen St W and 10 minute walking to Liberty Village and King West shops. Its not as isolated as you think.

Agreed. 10 or 15 mins is not huge at all....and you get some exercise out of it :)

The appeal of these buildings is being close to the water, Ontario Place, Molson Amphitheater and CNE (all within 2-5 mins walking distance).

Back