Toronto MYC Merton Yonge Condominiums | ?m | 24s | Cresford | a—A

It was a sad day when St James-Bond United closed.

Neighbours were recently advised that construction would begin mid-March and last 2 to 2.5 years. Today they are replacing the wood hoarding with a metal fence on the property lline.

Attachments

• IMG_3492-1.jpg
    IMG_3492-1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 275
That's so weird. Just yesterday I was going to make a post about how nothing is going on on this site. I think I got bored hitting the previous page button.

The site's a beehive of activity. All kinds of equipment on site. Looks like they finally started on this thing in earnest.

An aA project right on Yonge that has no buzz about it whatsoever. Pretty strange.

From what I've seen passing by the site, they've been spending a lot of time drilling holes around the perimeter and pour support pillars/beams.

A month later, The MYC Condo is missing a drill rig and the hoarding has been painted pink. I didn't bother getting out of the car as there was not much to see.

the-myc-31-07-2011.jpg

Last edited:
This development has fallen off the face of this forum. Here's an update...shoring is complete, excavation continues.

Looking from the East.
MYCcondo-23-10-2011-2.jpg

Looking from the East.
MYCcondo-23-10-2011-1.jpg

Pano of the site. Yonge St. is to the West of the site, Merton is to the North.
MYCcondo-pano-23-10-2011x.jpg

Last edited:
29-5+3=27

IMG_0043-1.jpg

Photo from last weekend

This is what I know. Lane closure that started last week has been approved until September 2013. Traffic still gets through with 2 narrow lanes. Previous closures were for Toronto Hydro - new vault etc.

Merton @ Yonge will be closed February 11 for crane install.

At a meeting in November the City approved 3 additional stories for a total of 27.

Attachments

• IMG_0043-1.jpg
    IMG_0043-1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 359
Wow! This place has finally gotten started? I remember passing by the hoarding when I lived in Davisville back in 2008 ...

@gregv

Any ideas on when the planned completion date is? Last time I looked in, they were still digging foundation hole.

Last thing I'd heard was occupation in early 2013.

Back