Toronto MYC Merton Yonge Condominiums | ?m | 24s | Cresford | a—A

I think it's hilarious that this is one of 5 projects that Toronto Life said was "destined to rise on time" in their recent article about potential cancelled projects. Guess not.

http://www.torontolife.com/features/castles-sky/?pageno=1

From the Toronto Life article:
"MYC, or Merton Yonge Condominiums, is a small, unassuming glass and steel tower with balconied units, about half of which sold in the last four months of 2008."

Is it true that MYC is already half sold ?!?!?
If so, I find it really odd to be pulling the plug; unless it wasn't 50% in reality.

Good thing about this site, is you really get to understand how important the builder is and the quality they are known for. While it may be too early to tell, Cresford has had problems in the past and I hope this isn't a repeat of those mistakes.

Seems like every new project goes on the market with a some yack about either being 50% sold, or about to start construction.

I like that dude's blog. A realtor's blog that isn't primarily about pushing his own product is rare, and rather refreshing.

Looks like it's dead now. Another empty lot on the corner of Yonge, just like down at Bloor.
http://torontorealtyblog.com/2009/06/22/dont-believe-the-hype/#more-1997

Is anyone else having issues with this link?
Everytime I click it, it opens up 30+ windows and crashes my system?
some sort of pop-up virus?

edit: i just decided to type in the main page and it worked out fine ... don't know why the link gave me so many pop-up windows :-(

ps ... i like this guy ... funny and balanced perspective. :)

Last edited:
Cresford is too small a company to be able to keep up with the number of sites/sales they have. They could hardly finish BSN, never mind MYC.

Did they even have a permit for that tent/sales office for MYC?

I don't know what the story is behind BSN but their other projects have been completed in a timely fashion. I wouldn't call anyone who has completed at least a half dozen highrises, has another two communities under construction and has converted a million square foot warehouse into a mixed-use community as small.

i noticed in the latest issue of condolife that MYC was missing under current and pre-construction projects ...

is it confirmed that this project has been put on hold?

Cresford thought so to.

Back