Toronto MuseumHouse | 71.01m | 19s | Yorkville Group | P + S / IBI

I really don't see the problem with it. That one side is going to be hidden soon anyway. Best not to put windows there that will be blocked and then people will complain.

in the distance
20111203079-1.jpg

20111203070.jpg

museum house actually doesn't look too bad in those shots, in fact, it looks good ^^^ this side of the building looks 10x better than the west side.

It looks decent....... next to 180 Bloor.

That's exactly it. It just doesn't add anything interesting to the street. You could walk by it a hundred times and never notice it. For a high-end building they really could have paid more attention to the exterior design.

I just defended the Trump of all things, so here goes again.

They did pay attention to the exterior design. We are getting limestone at street level. Above that we get expensive aluminium panels with extruded I-beam style edges, not just cheap flat siding. That glass is pretty high quality. The stainless steel balcony railings will hold plants, which, if planted like that conversion up on St. Clair, will look terrific.

The real problem here is with the customization of suites on the upper floors which has resulted in a dog's breakfast of spandrels mixed in amongst the vision glass (=windows). No-one in town seems to have solved the issue of matching the spandrels' tone to that of the vision glass so that it all blends. The worst example is at Crystal Blew; this one is quite a bit more successful. (See photo a few posts up.)

When this building is complete, it will look better than it does now. Will it be the jewel of the block? Nah.

There's nothing about it that comes to mind as remotely interesting. Even as infill it doesn't do its job because it just looks awkward. Unnoticeable is fine, but I don't like when things look unintentionally awkward.

Such a bore. it will be unnoticeable when Exhibit is complete. The wall of windows is nice, and will let in lots of natural light into the unit for now!!! I would imagine the wall of windows will be facing directly into the units at exhibit, when it's complete.:eek:

Back