Toronto MuseumHouse | 71.01m | 19s | Yorkville Group | P + S / IBI

Taken today:

MuseumHouse survived the bubble (haha?):
5278859928_f0c37bf775_z.jpg

View from Philosopher's Walk:
5278856182_d6eb3029bd_z.jpg

View from Avenue Road:
5278864626_888b2d2580_z.jpg

Quite like like the massing of this one, and it's sensible form makes for an interesting contrast to the irregularity of the ROM crystal. I much prefer it to the Bedford building.

Those condo's over looking McDonald's are going to be rather dark when the 32 story Exhibit get's built. :eek:

Really glad these 2 towers were built. We have nice streetwall now . The height of museum house seems appropriate for the area. i like it.

Really glad these 2 towers were built. We have nice streetwall now . The height of museum house seems appropriate for the area. i like it.

I'm glad MuseumHouse was built. One Bedford? Not so much, unless they left the studio alone or actually did a good job at incorporating the entire facade.

I'm glad MuseumHouse was built. One Bedford? Not so much, unless they left the studio alone or actually did a good job at incorporating the entire facade.

at least it's situated further away from the museum/action. I'm fine with that type of building being across from a field.
I wonder when/how Exhibit will work here.

Page + Steele strike again, with their classic ham-fisted dark glazing/light banding combo. I can pick 'em out from a mile away. At least it's not as messy and over-styled as a lot of their other buildings though, I'm looking at you Pinnacle.

I propose a twitter type limit on the number of characters people can consume in their footer. Somewhere, God only knows where, a few granules of coal are being burnt to store these repetive bits on some server in the cloud. Seems wasteful - lets kill all these tags or whatever they are called.

"I was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. All the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. I must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. Just ego tripping."

Back