Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

wow moving really fast now....nice

That's what is blowing me away right now -- for so long this was just a big hole in the ground, and now it's shooting up like a weed.

Although I understand why the excavation phase took so long, what with the underground 'river' they had to contend with.

Great day for a long walk. This is the first of a 4-hour downtown photo trot

February 24

2289051389_1ab349d79e_b.jpg

2289049167_6e598f6cd3_b.jpg

2289838414_09213022ab_b.jpg

2289053409_4f76ed144e_b.jpg

2289846558_8350b06cba_b.jpg

2289058787_d892b1fdee_b.jpg

Thanks for all the wonderful updates. I grabbed a bunch for the '400' list.

The tower looks nice but I'm really concerned about the ground level on this one (though it is Bay Street, so maybe a poor street presence is par for the course).

The tower looks nice but I'm really concerned about the ground level on this one (though it is Bay Street, so maybe a poor street presence is par for the course).

Five retail units are planned for the podium and the 1% art contribution is planned as a special glass project located surrounding the podium - not sure exactly what it is, but it sounds promising.

What's really great about this project is what it covers up. BTW, is the north tower 36 storeys above the podium or including the podium? If it's including the podium then it's about half-way there.

I'll second the covering up observation. From various angles it alternately hides part of TPS, RoCP, and the slabby side of the Coroner's building. It's also starting to get high enough to start popping up around the neighbourhood. I've noticed it from both King's College Circle and Maitland.

Hopefully it will be left free of those annoying awnings so prevalent on the east side of Bay.

Back